Update

SubGamer1233SubGamer1233 Croatia Join Date: 2016-03-21 Member: 214651Members
Hello. I watched some of the updates for 24th of January trello.com/b/yxoJrFgP/subnautica-development and I saw : ROCKET SHIP RIG.
What does that mean? It will be possible to build it then? I hope we will build it then. But can we launch? At Doing it says RocketShip Animations and Implementation.

Comments

• zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Look at the Trello card about Rocket implementation. It's still unfinished and needs fixing. Lots of implementation is already there for the devs (see here), but the players have to wait until the rocket base implementation is far enough. You can also see devs work getting uploaded at the checkins page. Maybe with the January update, which could attract with the rocket. But from my experience with the Prawn delay, the rocket base construction could take another month to finish.
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    Yeah, unless the patch says Rocket Pad/Rocket update I doubt it'll be ready until the devs deem it ready. Besides they seem focused on getting the rest of the precursor elements into the game.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited January 2017
    It means it's not done yet and don't expect it for awhile.

B)
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    When the next update?
    :trollface:
  • SubGamer1233SubGamer1233 Croatia Join Date: 2016-03-21 Member: 214651Members
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
  • El_HadschiEl_Hadschi Join Date: 2016-11-28 Member: 224316Members
    24th January B)

The question is why does this have to be released AFTER the weekend.... :'(
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    El_Hadschi wrote: »
    24th January B)

I think it is because if they released the patch, say, late on a Friday, just before the weekend, then if there are any major proplems discovered with the update, there may not be a dev available to make a fix, as even devs like to have a weekend off. So they release a main patch early in the week to give them time to fix any proplems.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Myrm wrote: »
    El_Hadschi wrote: »
    24th January B)

I think it is because if they released the patch, say, late on a Friday, just before the weekend, then if there are any major proplems discovered with the update, there may not be a dev available to make a fix, as even devs like to have a weekend off. So they release a main patch early in the week to give them time to fix any proplems.

Agreed!

I've seen this in a few games wherein they release a big update or a DLC just before the weekend so that players can enjoy this in their off work/school days but then often theres so much problems that its unplayable but since most of the staff is off as well it doesnt get worked on till monday .....

It kind of defy the purpose really, so i agree with @Myrm that its much better to release something during the week when theres actually staff to attend to problems. If you got alot of control over yourself you can potentially wait till the next weekend to play :wink:
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    STO 99% of the time, does their updates on Thursdays, so They can fix things on Friday if necessary.
    B)