Crash when going/coming from mountain island (maybe changing biome?)

OstrinOstrin Join Date: 2017-01-15 Member: 226767Members
Hi,

I've been playing subnautica for some time. Now i'm going to the mountain island but, in the middle of the way, the game crashes over and over again when i try to move. It is imposible to move even some metters. I guess that is something over there, because I played the game for a month and i reach the other island and move fast over the map without problem, I even come in the Aurora.

I tried with all the game in low textures etc, launching it with -force-d3d9 but anything works. I also verified cache.

Find attached the log of my report: http://pastebin.com/atFy25TA

Please, could anybody help me or should I forget the game, because I really don't know what else can I do.

Thanks

Comments

• RewardterrorRewardterror Join Date: 2017-01-12 Member: 226622Members
    dude ive gotten the same problem
  • OstrinOstrin Join Date: 2017-01-15 Member: 226767Members
  • dangi12012dangi12012 Join Date: 2017-01-18 Member: 226915Members
    I have exactly the same problem. I think it happens because of this bug:
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/147508/bug-wrecks-stacking-in-the-same-location-version-42313#latest

Short: If you save the game wrecks spawn multiple times from now on. When changing biome it sometimes crashes the game because of that bug.
    dangi12012 wrote: »
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/147508/bug-wrecks-stacking-in-the-same-location-version-42313#latest

Short: If you save the game wrecks spawn multiple times from now on. When changing biome it sometimes crashes the game because of that bug.

Definitely must be that. I always see like a fash when I'm getting closer to the wreck over there. Once i reach it and i try to open the door, but the laser couldn't. I guess that was because of the multiple doors.

Is there any way of deleting the map from the cache or something in order to be loaded again? I mean, without deleting my safe, just the map.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Ostrin wrote: »

Definitely must be that. I always see like a fash when I'm getting closer to the wreck over there. Once i reach it and i try to open the door, but the laser couldn't. I guess that was because of the multiple doors.

Is there any way of deleting the map from the cache or something in order to be loaded again? I mean, without deleting my safe, just the map.

Yes, that's called 'cache cleaning', see the first line of my signature below.
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

Mmm I did that and it works ok. The thing is that I don't understand if i have to move again the folders CellsCache and CompiledOctreesCache. Shouldn't it crash again if they come back to the game?

Just asking

Now I'm in my base and, obviously, there are dirt inside because of the new cache and I cannot remove it by construct them again.

Thanks so much
    edited January 2017
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

Mmm I did that and it works ok. The thing is that I don't understand if i have to move again the folders CellsCache and CompiledOctreesCache. Shouldn't it crash again if they come back to the game?

Just asking

Now I'm in my base and, obviously, there are dirt inside because of the new cache and I cannot remove it by construct them again.

Thanks so much

You move the folders out so you can put back the files that pertain to the dirt around your base. Watch IGP's video from that thread and you will understand. Or you could just delete them totally and use debug console code
    item 514

to spawn a terraformer, and remove the dirt from your base. To get rid of the terraformer, make a locker, stick it inside, then deconstruct the locker.
  • RewardterrorRewardterror Join Date: 2017-01-12 Member: 226622Members
    how do you bring up console?
    Yes you are right. I pasted again both folders and it seems to be working fine. However I dont know how because if they were causing the problem and I paste them again, the game should be crashing as it was before.

Anyway, the game seems to be working at lest for now. Will see what happen in some days.

I hope the developers work in this kind of anoying problems which I consider are a bit important for the gamer experience.
    how do you bring up console?

See here
    Finally i had to use the terraformer, but there is coral in my base that cannot be removed with it -.- The thing is that my old save is very unstable, i try playing it but in a wrecks i had like 10 doors to cut to come in and with very low fps :(
    Finally i had to use the terraformer, but there is coral in my base that cannot be removed with it -.- The thing is that my old save is very unstable, i try playing it but in a wrecks i had like 10 doors to cut to come in and with very low fps :(

A coral tube? If so, you can harvest it with a knife until it disappears (like 10 samples IIRC). If it's not the harvestable kind, I think the Propulsion Cannon can be used to grab it and take it outside.
    Yes it is a tube. Im not sure of harvesting it because it is almost the hole tube. I'll try your options and i'll let you know the results.

Thanks
    Yes, I can confirm that I hit the whole tube with the knife like 13-15 time and it completely disappeared. My base is clean 100%. So with this crashes we can conclude that the perfect combination is to delete those two cache folders, and use the terraformer to delete the dirt of the base. I tried adding the old cache folders again but it was very unstable, with almost no fps in the bugged wreck and a lot of doors to cut.

Thank you so much for you help
    Yes, I can confirm that I hit the whole tube with the knife like 13-15 time and it completely disappeared. My base is clean 100%. So with this crashes we can conclude that the perfect combination is to delete those two cache folders, and use the terraformer to delete the dirt of the base. I tried adding the old cache folders again but it was very unstable, with almost no fps in the bugged wreck and a lot of doors to cut.

Thank you so much for you help

(: You're welcome.