Not getting enough RTs as alien

DrPastahDrPastah Join Date: 2012-12-29 Member: 176624Members
Lately playing as alien commander, I seem to not be holding down RTs and not getting enough RTs. Any advice?

Comments

• _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Aeglos wrote: »
    Multi cyst it and put a crag on it.
    "Craig on RT" as in healing range, preferably a wall in between.
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    And dont be afraid to hop out of the hive to help kill some marines in your natural if your drifters are safe and you dont have enough Tres to buy your next thing.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    SantaClaws wrote: »
    What amount of RT's are you expecting. Because on certain maps, holding 3 RT's is very good. If you're expecting to hold more than that, perhaps that's your issue?

It generally helps to only expand one way against equal teams. If you start south, let's say, on summit; you don't want to expand to computer AND ventilation, you expand in one or the other and then you expand towards the next techpoint. Otherwise, you end up spreading your players too thin, if they both have to defend comp lab AND datacore i.e.

Only expand the opposite direction, when you have actually stabilised.

Although if you only spread in one direction, you should still deny the enemy team your natural on the other side. I can't count the number of games where my team let marines have a free RT right next to our base...
  • WobWob Join Date: 2005-04-08 Member: 47814Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    SantaClaws wrote: »
    What amount of RT's are you expecting. Because on certain maps, holding 3 RT's is very good. If you're expecting to hold more than that, perhaps that's your issue?

It generally helps to only expand one way against equal teams. If you start south, let's say, on summit; you don't want to expand to computer AND ventilation, you expand in one or the other and then you expand towards the next techpoint. Otherwise, you end up spreading your players too thin, if they both have to defend comp lab AND datacore i.e.

Only expand the opposite direction, when you have actually stabilised.

Although if you only spread in one direction, you should still deny the enemy team your natural on the other side. I can't count the number of games where my team let marines have a free RT right next to our base...

Eh only if it's easy to kill because there aren't any marines there... you can do this by killing the rest of the map thus forcing a response, either they push your hive where it's friendly and healing for you, or they rotate away to defend their other assets.

Don't waste time fighting and dieing over it. Access to the tech point on the other side will give you a potential hive as well as routes to marine res, and greater distance from marine front lines forcing greater distance for marines to run back thus giving you more space and time on the front lines to make a group attack and then crush a key location PG or expand to a key location with a GT
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    Fight the enemy where he is not.
    /Sun Tzu/
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Somebody summarise this thread in less than 10 words for OP's sake
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Somebody summarise this thread in less than 10 words for OP's sake

git gud

Learn about map control. Pray for better teams.
  • IronmanIronman Join Date: 2012-03-22 Member: 149184Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I place tunnels by rt nozzles to help commanders with rts. works pretty good if the marines keep harassing your cysts.