NSL Newcomer Tournament Early 2017 when should it be/can you play ?

Me9aMe9a Join Date: 2008-03-27 Member: 63981Members
edited February 2017 in NS2 General Discussion
xBQJNGB.png

The purpose of this tournament is to introduce new players to our NSL Community.

When is the Newcomer Tournament?
We aim to have this Tournament on either 28th and 29th January or on 4th and 5th February. You can vote for your preferred weekend at the bottom of this Post

What is the Newcomer Tournament
Its a Friendly Tournament for Player that want to try 6vs6 Competitive Games and its hosted by the Ensl.org

Who can register?
All players who have not played in any of the Natural Selection League Seasons of NSL/AusNSL can participate.
Current NSL members / veteran players can offer their support as coaches and advisors but they themself cannot play.

PS: We need coaches/Commanders for each team (unless they dont have their own ones.)

Where do I Join Up?
  1. Register an account at ensl.org This video explains the process till 2:32.
    ( Username: The name you want to be called out
    Password: The Password you can Remeber. (dont tell anyone)
    Email: Your email adress in case of Password recovery
    SteamID: open Steam click on your Steamname (top right) click on profile copy the link in the adressbar like: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/12345678901234567
    Then type that into: http://steamidfinder.com and you got the your SteamID
    Birthdate: I dont know but you do.)
  2. Open this link: http://www.ensl.org/teams/975?team=members and click [Request to join] (IF YOU DONT FIND YOURSELF IN THE LIST DONT PANIC WE UPDATE IT DAILY)
  3. Goto http://www.ensl.org/topics/1757 introduce yourself and if you want to play with Friends in a Team mention it there.

But the fun starts when you are ready. You can Play Gathers!
We strongly advise that all players who wish to take part start playing some Gathers.
How to play Gathers: http://www.ensl.org/topics/1751
(They usually happen often from 20:00 CET to 4:00 CET)
This will give you a feel for fast-paced competitive 6v6 NS2 before the tournament!

Comments

• .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    Do the winners get a gorge plushie? (incentive is important! x)
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    edited January 2017
    For the winners we do have something in mind but we won't anounce what it is yet
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    .trixX. wrote: »
    Do the winners get a gorge plushie? (incentive is important! x)

Did UWE ever release those gorge plushies? I can't remember tbh.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Offtopic but yes @coolitic they did.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    I just might end up buying one =P
  • WolfgangWolfgang RF Join Date: 2016-06-01 Member: 217904Members
  • SplatMan_DKSplatMan_DK Join Date: 2006-12-04 Member: 58892Members, Constellation
    It would be great to get a better overview of actual match times, and also if its possible to spectate matches with/without commentary.

Where can one go to see the match schedule?
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    It would be great to get a better overview of actual match times, and also if its possible to spectate matches with/without commentary.

I think this depends on how many people sign up.

I am sure there will be casters for the tournament too for people to spec.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited January 2017

Since players from different continents will likely play, usually tourneys like this are played in the early to mid afternoon NA depending on your time zone, which is kinda early evening to mid evening I think for European zones... maybe a bit later.

I would just plan on setting a few hours aside during this time (depending on your locale) for whichever weekend is chosen.

@Deck_ or @Me9a can expound
  • BacillusBacillus Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58241Members
    Mephilles wrote: »
    For the winners we do have something in mind but we won't anounce what it is yet
    I don't want to be the killjoy, but be very careful with the prizes. In newcomer tournaments there are players with various FPS experience and possibly varied amount of NS2 understanding too. Nobody should feel like they're dragging the team down too badly (or if it happens, it shouldn't matter that much) and nobody should be tempted to abuse the potential loopholes that a newcomer tournament rules tend to have.

Keep those in mind and it should be all good.
  • Deck_Deck_ Join Date: 2014-07-20 Member: 197526Members
    edited January 2017
    We may end the voting/pick the dates for the tournament on the 25th of January. Please vote if you have a preference on what dates you would like the tournament to take place.
  • Me9aMe9a Join Date: 2008-03-27 Member: 63981Members
    edited January 2017
    Thanks for everyone Participating in the VOTE The results are that we gonna play on 4th and 5th February.
    a more precise update you can find here: http://www.ensl.org/articles/999 and on other places soon ;)
  • ZdrytchXZdrytchX Australia Join Date: 2016-02-06 Member: 212662Members
    edited January 2017
    What counts as a newcomer?
    I started around feburary/march last year, and I have about 250 total playing hours. The rest of my "natural selection 2 playtime" was spent modding TremNS2 or making ns2_ATCS (using the launcher to hook up the mod files also counts as "playing" ns2)
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    ZdrytchX wrote: »
    I started around feburary/march last year, and I have about 250 total playing hours. The rest of my "natural selection 2 playtime" was spent modding TremNS2 or making ns2_ATCS (using the launcher to hook up the mod files also counts as "playing" ns2)

It's about being new to the competitive scene, so you should be good.
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    edited January 2017
    @ZdrytchX
    Who can register?
    All players who have not played in any of the Natural Selection League Seasons of NSL/AusNSL can participate.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    ZdrytchX wrote: »

You're a newcomer, don't worry. ;)