Modification Station problems

SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
I have a problem with the modification station. The only two wrecks that have the fragment are the Blood Kelp wreck and the Mountains wreck, making it impossible to get early game. And without it, it is impossible to get anywhere deep very quickly. Even during mid-game, it is extremely difficult to get. The Mountains wreck is guarded by a Reaper, and the Blood Kelp is guarded by two Warpers. Any suggestions on how to bypass these threats?

Comments

• HiSaZuLHiSaZuL N.Y. Join Date: 2016-11-11 Member: 223803Members
    edited December 2016
    Seamoth/Cyclops are the usual answers. Not so much Seamoth maybe since you need depth upgrades for deep wrecks but Cyclops is definitely the way to go. If all else fails build an external growbed and plant purple brain coral so you have "free" oxygen if it is really deep otherwise air pump works nicely as well, those air pipes are a lot longer then they initially appear and they cost peanuts to make.
  • DracobombaDracobomba Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215502Members
    edited December 2016
    The mountains wreck is fairly accessible, assuming you're very careful. The reaper can't follow you into the wreck and tends to avoid moving near it in general, so as long as you park you park your seamoth where it's protected you should be safe from harm. From there, it's just a question of, "How fast can I get to the wreck?" and "How fast can I get out?" Remember, scary as the reaper is, he really sucks at aiming. It's easily possible to dodge him if you move left or right.

Or, just build the perimeter defense for your seamoth. Then reapers are just annoyances.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    edited December 2016
    Thanks for the suggestions. But, while I'm here, is there any strategies to get rid of those pesky Warpers?
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    Skope wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions. But, while I'm here, is there any strategies to get rid of those pesky Warpers?
    Propulsion Cannon and Quartz is my go to response to any hostiles I want to get rid of.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    edited December 2016
    In my experience, not a single wreck lies within a reaper's default territory. They may come close, intimidatingly so, but never too close. There's actually a reaper on the north side of the Mountains wreck that can get a lot closer to it than the island reaper, but still not close enough. Even the Dunes wreck is safe as long as you go west from the Mushroom Forest wreck to reach it.

I prefer the PRAWN (with grappling hook) for those two wrecks. It gives me a little more versatility to pick up stuff along the way compared to the Cyclops and is a lot more attack-while-I-am-in-wreck proof than the Seamoth. You can go over the island with it and jump down on the other side (hurry past the warper) or follow the Mushroom Forest past the bridge. The island reaper will be swimming around on your top left. Keep right and it should not spot you (you're also safe among the trees as long as no glitches occur). Descent and follow the island curve to reach the wreck. For the way back, I recommend climbing the island in a straight line up (again, hurry past the warper).
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    In my own experience (and since i hate Pipes with a passion) i always do everything with mah trusty Seamoth. Simply go to the aurora beforehand and get the depth upgrade for the seamoth allowing you to go down to 300m. You'll now be able to reach the Bloodkelp wreck relatively safely as the 2 warpers are kinda easily avoided right now and if you ram them once with the Seamoth they warp away.

The growbed/brain coral trick is pretty neat as well i have to admit, plus it works basically anywhere. Of course, you gotta have the exterior growbed first tho, if you know where to look :wink:
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members

Propulsion Cannon + Beeeding Crashfish in an Alien Containment Unit = Rocket Launcher
    Since Warpers will teleport away before they're hit directly, its best to use the Crash's explosion to hit them with the splash damage. The damage radius is surprisingly wide, so aim at a nearby surface to give that alien cyborg prick a taste of human ingenuity.

I want to agree and awesome this post. Subnautica isn't anti-violence, you just have to be creative with it!
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Quick question, I've gone to the Wiki, and seen that the Modification Station fragments is apparently strewn about the Grand Reef, but I haven't found any.

Can anyone verify if I'm just not looking hard enough, or if this is just in experimental?
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Quick question, I've gone to the Wiki, and seen that the Modification Station fragments is apparently strewn about the Grand Reef, but I haven't found any.

Can anyone verify if I'm just not looking hard enough, or if this is just in experimental?

I've not found any there. 1st BKZ and Mountains still seem the way to go.
  • BranjomanBranjoman Join Date: 2016-09-28 Member: 222682Members
    In my save, I found a whole bunch of modification station fragments around the Degasi base in the Jellyshroom Caves, and that is quite easy to get to with a Seamoth (or even with just a Seaglide), so that's an easy option.
  • TurielDTurielD Netherlands Join Date: 2017-01-05 Member: 226185Members
    Branjoman wrote: »
    In my save, I found a whole bunch of modification station fragments around the Degasi base in the Jellyshroom Caves, and that is quite easy to get to with a Seamoth (or even with just a Seaglide), so that's an easy option.

Confirming this, I unlocked the mod station from the abandoned seabase in the purple mushroom caves.
    edited January 2017
    TurielD wrote: »

Confirming this, I unlocked the mod station from the abandoned seabase in the purple mushroom caves.

Is this in experimental?
  • BranjomanBranjoman Join Date: 2016-09-28 Member: 222682Members

Is this in experimental?

Yes, I'm in experimental.
  • TurielDTurielD Netherlands Join Date: 2017-01-05 Member: 226185Members

Is this in experimental?

No, stable build 42313

Is this in experimental?

No, stable build 42313

Great! I have to check for myself soon.