More Impactful Air Systems & Air Transportation

KraastoronKraastoron Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224496Members
edited December 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
Just a change to make air pumps more impactful, since currently they are not:

-You should be able to connect floater air pumps via air tubes with a Base-connected air pump in order to start oxygen production in the connected base.

-There should be a more advanced machine called "Oxygen Extractor" or something even better, which is built by enhanced materials in order to aquire Oxygen in the depths of the Ocean. This machine should be powered either by a power cell (The machine should be rather big, like the size of a Water Purificater, however it should be built Outside of bases, not inside, so that it is fully surroundet by water; hence it needs a power cell to provide enough energy) or direct base power. The reason why this should be built outside is because 1:It won't take up space inside. 2. The player can connect pipes to this machine without the machine only producing air inside the Base

-If the Airpumps go way down from the surface ( maybe every 50 meters) then a Conveyor Pump will be needed in order to continue air transport or to apply air pressure to pipes

-Leaks in the hull of the Base should cause oxygen to leak out resulting in less oxygen available in the base itself

This system would provide more realistic air management since currently any base with power will produce oxygen, even though there is no machine that extracts it from the surrounding water.

--EDIT--
I've added a picture of a possible prefab just to have the Oxygen Extractor modelled so you can imagine what it should look like:

http://imgur.com/a/AWoPu

Please leave any suggestions concerning this topic in the comments

Comments

• DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    edited December 2016
    There's no reason that oxygen would leak out when there's a breach, because the water coming in already is the oxygen going out. Like, if you put a glass upside down in the water, water won't come in because the oxygen won't go out.

As for the rest, I do think UWE should consider making the tubes compatible from base to surface because as far as I can tell a lot of new players think that's the purpose of the pipes. So it might as well be an option. I agree with most of the other specifics too, although I do think a base (we can assume oxygen extraction is a build-in survival function) should always be able to produce some oxygen. I know a number of players who'd hate having more to manage.
  • KraastoronKraastoron Join Date: 2016-12-03 Member: 224496Members
    Imagine a leak on the top of the Base... But you do have a point there... Maybe the air will find ways outside, since the hull is damaged, or due to air pressure. In 400 metres depth, there is an imense amount of water on top of this air, and it will likely burst out of the base.