Jetpack fuel seems related to the weapon

KatzenfleischKatzenfleisch Join Date: 2014-03-21 Member: 194881Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
Hi,

The fuel of the jetpack is changing if I switch weapons. For example if I am using 50% of the fuel holding the axe and I switch to the rifle, then 40% of the remaining fuel is instantly lost, but it works also the other way around. If I am flying using the shotgun and I do switch to the axe, then I get a refuel. The longer I am using the jetpack the bigger is the difference.

Comments

• .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    It has to do with the weight of the weapon you equip.
    The heavier it is, the more fuel you have to burn ;]
  • KatzenfleischKatzenfleisch Join Date: 2014-03-21 Member: 194881Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    Yes, but you should not get extra fuel for switching to the axe mid-air (or instantly lose a good 25% when switching axe-shotgun).
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Yes, but you should not get extra fuel for switching to the axe mid-air (or instantly lose a good 25% when switching axe-shotgun).

Yes the "feature" should removed.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I knew this, but I never really thought about using it like that. Great find.
  • antouantou France Join Date: 2016-07-24 Member: 220615Members
    I tried to reproduce it yesterday, switching between Rifle, Pistol and Axe while flying around, but my fuel did not change. I was alone on a server with compmod, not sure it was enabled at the time.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue

True, but TBH what exactly are you going to do up in the air with your axe out :trollface:
  • KatzenfleischKatzenfleisch Join Date: 2014-03-21 Member: 194881Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    @Kouji_San Only for the testing or to chase some low skulk in pregame (or gardening hydras in the ceilings), otherwise it's the pistol, it cost less fuel per sec.
    @antou Just checked again in a local server (vanilla), try to use more than 50% of the fuel straight and then change weapon (without releasing the jump key). You should notice a change.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Fair enuf, I was going for the menacing stare with your axe out. That shit is usually enough to even scare of an Onos :tongue: