Subnautica Bones Update Released! - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageSubnautica Bones Update Released! - Subnautica

A new Subnautica update is available on Steam! The Lost River zone nears completion in this update with additions to areas throughout. Wander from the Bone Fields to the Lava...

Read the full story here

Comments

• awesomeguy101awesomeguy101 Join Date: 2016-06-21 Member: 218886Members
    Good job! Now I can swim around and build near dead stuff! Oh and base building is even WORSE now ;)!
  • Flying_FoxFlying_Fox Join Date: 2016-10-27 Member: 223412Members
    Any idea when this patch hits the oculus store?
  • Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    Good job! Now I can swim around and build near dead stuff! Oh and base building is even WORSE now ;)!

How's base-building worse?
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    This is gonna be gewd! :smiley:
  • SqueekyCheeseSqueekyCheese WA Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217023Members
    edited October 2016
    Kyman201 wrote: »

Did they take away the rotate option!? Or am I going crazy?

Edit: No, it's just me....

• Someonestolema02Someonestolema02 BC canada Join Date: 2016-08-03 Member: 220950Members
    Flying_Fox wrote: »

They don't value their customers on Oculus it seems to me. Getting totally ignored.
  • ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members

They don't value their customers on Oculus it seems to me. Getting totally ignored.

That's not what I'm seeing.

I don't own an Oculus but Subnautica is now under the Steam VR tab.
  • Someonestolema02Someonestolema02 BC canada Join Date: 2016-08-03 Member: 220950Members

That's not what I'm seeing.

I don't own an Oculus but Subnautica is now under the Steam VR tab.

What's your point? The Oculus Home version HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED. It doesn't do me any good what so ever that the Steam version is updated when I own the Oculus Home version.
  • jpinardjpinard Join Date: 2016-09-17 Member: 222373Members
    Let them get the game done for normal versions first ok? Then do all the VR stuff. Does no good to focus on VR just to have to rewrite code for the base game and have the release pushed out even further. Playerbase for normal game is about 95% greater than VR base. Priorities.
    edited October 2016
    jpinard wrote: »
    Let them get the game done for normal versions first ok? Then do all the VR stuff. Does no good to focus on VR just to have to rewrite code for the base game and have the release pushed out even further. Playerbase for normal game is about 95% greater than VR base. Priorities.

Does anyone read around here? There's nothing stopping you from launching in desktop mode on Oculus Home just as there's nothing stopping you from launching it in desktop mode on Steam. If it's not ready for Oculus Home it shouldnt have came to it in the first place. Oculus version users are being left behind, by two builds now.
  • Alrekr_IronhandAlrekr_Ironhand New Hampshire, US Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214677Members

Remind me how rotate works again...? I was trying to rotate items while building my base and couldn't remember how to do it.

Of course, I was also trying to place an observatory on a "diagonal" wall of one of my multipurpose rooms, and was not pleased to discover that we apparently can't do that any more.

(On the other hand, the moonpool seems a LOT easier to place now.)
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited October 2016
    One use to have to tap the "E" key to rotate base items, now one uses the Wheel/Dial on the Mouse to do it.

There's a pop-up in the upper left corner of the screen describing this when base building.

Took me a couple of moments to figure this one out as well. (the pop-up tends to be a bit small on my 60" TV)
    B)

Remind me how rotate works again...? I was trying to rotate items while building my base and couldn't remember how to do it.

Of course, I was also trying to place an observatory on a "diagonal" wall of one of my multipurpose rooms, and was not pleased to discover that we apparently can't do that any more.

(On the other hand, the moonpool seems a LOT easier to place now.)

An easy fix to this would be to give the game a launcer with a login. similar to what Elite Dangerous has going.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited October 2016
    jpinard wrote: »

Does anyone read around here? There's nothing stopping you from launching in desktop mode on Oculus Home just as there's nothing stopping you from launching it in desktop mode on Steam. If it's not ready for Oculus Home it shouldn't have came to it in the first place. Oculus version users are being left behind, by two builds now.

There's a separate Oculus VR Thread here in this very forum, perhaps glancing at it occasionally will give you an idea of where the Dev team is on that front.
    They do post in it every once in a while.
  • The_Bleeding_SunThe_Bleeding_Sun USA Join Date: 2016-04-10 Member: 215627Members
    Awesome! The new Reefbacks look super cool. Can't wait for more story updates involving the precursor base in the future. Well done devs ^_^
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    edited October 2016
    Speaking of updates, I'm really happy with the changes they've added this time around. My only complaint is that I kinda wish the devs could implement of log of changes between major updates. I spent over 45 minutes yesterday with console codes INVISIBLE and OXYGEN on, searching the Safe Shallows and Kelp Forest for Solar Panel fragments to which I never did find. Finally after I got pissed and decided to spawn the fragments in with the console, I crafted the Builder so I could make the panels... only to learn that Solar Panels are now part of the emergency response package now and available instantly. I like the change and am glad they made it, but I wish I had a heads-up before finding about the change on the fly (just like last month's sudden change with vehicle/base O2 production and power consumption).
    Does anyone read around here? There's nothing stopping you from launching in desktop mode on Oculus Home just as there's nothing stopping you from launching it in desktop mode on Steam. If it's not ready for Oculus Home it shouldnt have came to it in the first place. Oculus version users are being left behind, by two builds now.

Now now, don't think that it's just against you or your platform of choice. I remember feeling the same way after the XBox One version was released, and console players got two additional updates before the PC version got another update. Just be patient and let the devs do their thing.
  • Alrekr_IronhandAlrekr_Ironhand New Hampshire, US Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214677Members
    DaveyNY wrote: »
    One use to have to tap the "E" key to rotate base items, now one uses the Wheel/Dial on the Mouse to do it.

There's a pop-up in the upper left corner of the screen describing this when base building.

Took me a couple of moments to figure this one out as well. (the pop-up tends to be a bit small on my 60" TV)
    B)

....Huh. I never even SAW any pop-up.

I'll have to try it again and look for it this time. And of course now I know the trick.
  • AzirphaeliAzirphaeli USA Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217144Members
    Are folk's solar panels vanishing randomly after the update, or is it just me?
  • crane476crane476 United States, Tx Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206850Members
    Azirphaeli wrote: »
    Are folk's solar panels vanishing randomly after the update, or is it just me?

That's not something new to this update. My solar panels have been disappearing since the update preceding the prawn update.
  • omegatauromegataur Spain Join Date: 2016-01-28 Member: 212240Members
    i'd like to see the full changelog...
  • HerugrimHerugrim The Poconos Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221402Members
    Meh. Really let down that they cut the precursor gun out of the update. On the bright side they did not nerf Titanium as some parts of the trello suggested they might, and they are rearranging the fragments a bit I noticed.

There's no way this is going to be done in January, though. Would be surprised if 1.0 was pushed back at least another six months. I wonder if all these VR and xBone ports are what is slowing it down, or if it's because they spent so much time nerfing features and tuning aggro is why they've fallen so far behind.
    Herugrim wrote: »
    Meh. Really let down that they cut the precursor gun out of the update. On the bright side they did not nerf Titanium as some parts of the trello suggested they might, and they are rearranging the fragments a bit I noticed.

There's no way this is going to be done in January, though. Would be surprised if 1.0 was pushed back at least another six months. I wonder if all these VR and xBone ports are what is slowing it down, or if it's because they spent so much time nerfing features and tuning aggro is why they've fallen so far behind.

The only port is on Xbox. The VR version is the same version as the one on steam. Or it was, we are still on the august version which is frankly a major disappointment as we paid the same as people on steam.
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    edited November 2016
    bwoodfield wrote: »

I wish I could awesome this twice- there's nothing that can quite describe how amazing that is.
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    That brine pool was discovered by the Nautilus Live crew. You can watch their expeditions live on their website. You can find more of their brine pool videos here, here and here.

But, believe it or not, the Lost River wasn't originally inspired by these brine pools. It was actually inspired by what is at the bottom of the Angelita Cenote in Mexico:

Now you can definitely see the resemblance, can't you?
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    Oh yeah, nautilus live is great. Have you seen their video with the sperm whale? It's my dream to be the kind of guy like the one at 1:39... "Maybe they were made by a kraken" I really like this video too.
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    Oh yeah, that sperm whale moment was glorious, though my favourite part is something else in relation to the game.
    edited November 2016
    A little late to the meme party, but that's never stopped me before...
    767ciykbfisg.jpg

Oh dear, I do believe my meme has killed the thread.
  • Gold_Eye_MasterGold_Eye_Master Space Join Date: 2016-08-01 Member: 220863Members
    so when is this coming out for xbox one and yes I did sign up for the Xbox One development mailing list but never got a message so i'm asking here.
  • plus_sanplus_san Join Date: 2016-11-17 Member: 224008Members
    CDT came to occur frequently during movement from later of this update. You can't ordinarily play. When is it corrected?