No more drilling with repulsor arm :(

raziel29araziel29a Nosgoth Join Date: 2016-10-17 Member: 223205Members
There is one thing I really liked with my exo. Drilling after grabbing a rich mineral field with my repulsor arm. I hate it when any mineral field is on a wall above a chasm or anywhere not so easily reached and you have to either mine it all and take a dive to search for minerals or struggle to grab each piece coming out of the rock. My solution was - grab the mineral with the repulsor arm and mine while holding it, unfortunately, it doesn't work anymore after the recent update. Deposit is jumping like crazy or if you drop it, it starts glitch hopping and vanishes as soon as you try to mine it after detaching with repulsor arm.

Would love to see repulsor / mining arms combo return to subnautica.

Comments

• FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    The deposit doesn't glitch and disappear. It gets moved back to where it spawned. I think it's part of how they made it rattle when you apply the drill. It may be less convenient to mine some deposits now, but at least we have auto aim with the arm. Allows you to pick things up without losing target with the drill.
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    I think the deposits don't have their masses set correctly, which is why they move so much when you pull them loose.

I hope the Prop-Arm gets the ability to pick stuff up at some point.
  • raziel29araziel29a Nosgoth Join Date: 2016-10-17 Member: 223205Members
    Well, the problem mostly occurs when the deposit is on a wall or something like that and grabbing while drilling becomes troublesome as you have to be attached with the grappling arm for stable drilling. With both arms occupied there is no chance to grab the mineral popping out of the deposit. You could float on your thrusters but even with the upgrades, they will not keep you up for the entire drilling process. In such cases, I preferred to move the deposit somewhere else and mine it on solid ground.
  • Alrekr_IronhandAlrekr_Ironhand New Hampshire, US Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214677Members
    I'm going to give the PRAWN suit credit for being in an "early prototype" stage. But dear mother of benthic blues, I hope it gets a lot better in future releases than it is now.