Seamoth Sonar toggle?

FrigidmanFrigidman USA Join Date: 2016-09-25 Member: 222587Members
Suggest an 'option' to allow toggling on the seamoth sonar, so it continually pulses on its own without clicking the mouse every couple seconds.

Just a tiny suggestion.

Comments

• SigmalxSigmalx USA Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220132Members
    that may be good, but it would ping constantly and drain the battery quickly
  • CAPSHAWCAPSHAW Nevada Join Date: 2016-09-29 Member: 222692Members
    How about a shorter range sonar that is almost constantly pulsing as you travel?
  • FrigidmanFrigidman USA Join Date: 2016-09-25 Member: 222587Members
    edited October 2016
    Hmm, I guess I didn't notice it draining battery more. Maybe I should stop habitually pressing my mouse button then? LOL.

I honestly wish the 'wireframe' would just stay up twice as long so it doesnt actually vanish between pings. But thats just me. And another off topic desire, would be it actually 'box frame' debris instead of making it vanish for sight.
    That's how sonar works.
    Emission.....contact/reverb......tune.....scan.....interpret...............display and track.
    edited October 2016
    Sigmalx wrote: »
    That's how sonar works.
    Emission.....contact/reverb......tune.....scan.....interpret...............display and track.

Then why do large hunks of metal on the landscape "vanish from visual sight" when I ping the sonar? I would think it light up like a christmass tree.
    I think we are on the same page, but the game is missing the' 'track' aspect
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    How about an upgrade module that gives an enhanced-reality view? An enhanced HUD inside the Seamoth. Indicators for critters you can't see offscreen, the larger the critter, the larger the indicator. (Little fish are too spammy, it would start at shark-sized.) And a computer-generated terrain view, by sonar or thermal imaging.
    To be fair, I still don't know why wrecks don't appear on sonar. I understand scrap, but not wrecks
    Normally when I'm pinging a sonar, I'm looking for something!

I've noticed a lot of 'empty ground' though, like whoever was painting that particular area was being a bit lazy about filling in the voids. So theres lots of inaccessible inner-blobs of normal hills and peaks. A bit, odd.
    I wish different types of objects would show up as a different color. Instead of as shadows, I'd like wrecks and the Aurora to show up as bright orange or something.
  • ookasmcplookusookasmcplookus Join Date: 2016-10-22 Member: 223300Members
    EvilSmoo wrote: »
    How about an upgrade module that gives an enhanced-reality view? An enhanced HUD inside the Seamoth. Indicators for critters you can't see offscreen, the larger the critter, the larger the indicator. (Little fish are too spammy, it would start at shark-sized.) And a computer-generated terrain view, by sonar or thermal imaging.

How bout your proposed upgrade module is made using the sonar upgrade module in the modification station. Just because it seem like a direct upgrade to it and I can't see people running with both at once (would be like carrying a pressure mk3 and mk2 around).
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members

How bout your proposed upgrade module is made using the sonar upgrade module in the modification station. Just because it seem like a direct upgrade to it and I can't see people running with both at once (would be like carrying a pressure mk3 and mk2 around).

Yusssssss!

I'd get behind that.

I'd love for many more 'upgrades' to modules. Even if they only do a little bit more than normal... its still an upgrade!
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    CAPSHAW wrote: »
    How about a shorter range sonar that is almost constantly pulsing as you travel?

That actually sounds like park assist
  • ImmortalHunterImmortalHunter Surrey BC Canada Earth Join Date: 2016-10-04 Member: 222853Members
    Why not as long as you are in scanner room range you have the option to see the wireframe? Like an upgrade module for the HUD or Seamoth.
  • przybysz86przybysz86 Join Date: 2016-10-27 Member: 223387Members
    CAPSHAW wrote: »

I like it. When you install sonar it will create short range coverage constantly (similar to submarine's HF Sonar for under-ice operations) and then give player option to "ping" with much stronger pulse to map more area.
  • CaptagearCaptagear Join Date: 2016-08-28 Member: 221804Members
    I personally prefer it only being able to be activated. It just doesn't have the same cool factor in my head as having one that constantly pings. However I love the idea of an upgrade of some kind that maybe displayed fish pings as @EvilSmoo suggested or instead worked in tie with the scanner room to highlight what ever you have been scanning for within a certain range.

Everything my scanner room finds, is directly below me for miles no matter where I go :(