my onos died to a phase gate?

555555 pennsylvania Join Date: 2016-09-16 Member: 222356Members
i had 900 life and lost it in 0.5 seconds to 1 marine shooting me with a shotgun, i wasn't lagging.. i'm pretty sure i died to someone warping through the phase gate inside of me or something

Comments

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    555 wrote: »
    i had 900 life and lost it in 0.5 seconds to 1 marine shooting me with a shotgun, i wasn't lagging.. i'm pretty sure i died to someone warping through the phase gate inside of me or something

You sure it wasn't just a sudden rush of marines phasing through at once, guns blazing?
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I raise you one better.

Just the other day I was sitting in the hive before the game started. On game start I died and the console said "Command Station killed Nordic with None."

The weirdness did not stop there. I did not respawn. The game showed me as still being on the aliens but I had a spectators camera. I could move around as if I was a spectator. After 30 seconds or so I just f4'd and rejoined aliens and hopped in the hive again. My team somehow did not realize I was gone.

Spooky stuff.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Did you see the yellow or purple icon indicating client or server script issues?

Ah for a sec when I saw the topic title I thought it was like old ns1 telefrag. :D
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Did you see the yellow or purple icon indicating client or server script issues?

Ah for a sec when I saw the topic title I thought it was like old ns1 telefrag. :D

Ah good ol' telefraggin.. Too bad people cannot handle that anymore these days, the tears and rage was damn tasty :D