Player cannot turn left or right in PRAWN suit

mogmog UK Join Date: 2016-09-26 Member: 222614Members
Hi,

I've encountered a strange problem and was wondering if anyone might have any suggestions please...

I arrived at the Inactive Lava Zone and creatures soon attached to the ships hull. I didn't know what they were so I googled them to find out they were Lava Larva. From a wiki page I learnt they will detach from the hull if I disconnect the power, so I removed all the power cells from my ship to see if they would get off, they did. The Lava Larva then swam towards the PRAWN suit still docked inside the ship. They passed through the Cyclops hull and attached to the PRAWN suit.

I pressed E to enter the PRAWN suit to see what was going on. I found that my player was stuck looking slightly to the left and could not turn left or right. I pressed E again to exit the suit and was ejected out of the Cyclops into the ocean. I still couldn't turn left or right, but managed to get back inside the Cyclops. I saved my game and quit to desktop hoping this would fix the problem. Upon reloading, the problem went away so I put the power cells back in to restore power and resume oxygen production.

Unfortunately whenever I get back inside the PRAWN suit I'm suck again being unable to turn left or right, the cycle repeats.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this and/or know if there's any way I can fix the problem to continue playing please? I fear I will have to abandon this save and start from scratch :( Thanks in advance!

Comments

• EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    That is a WEIRD bug, good catch. Can you nail down the reproduction steps more? Does it happens reliably when you depower a Cyclops with a powered minisub inside?

You don't have to abandon save, you can use the console to make a new sub.
  • mogmog UK Join Date: 2016-09-26 Member: 222614Members
    I created a new world, did a bobthebuilder, then spawned in a Cyclops and PRAWN suit etc. I did a quick test of pulling out the power cells from the Cyclops and getting into the PRAWN suit. In this test, the Cyclops deployed the PRAWN suit as normal so I was not stuck inside the Cyclops and had no trouble looking left/right etc, suggesting it worked fine. In my proper game, the Cyclops did not eject the PRAWN suit when I got into it. I guess I shall need to try replicating the scenario with more accuracy in the hope of reproducing it. Maybe it was the combination of modules I had installed or the fact there were Larvae stuck to it.

In the meantime, I just realised in my game, I think that theoretically it's only my PRAWN suit that is broken. Is it possible to delete it from the game please? Or somehow destroy the Cyclops and PRAWN suit so I can re-make them?
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    You can destroy PRAWN suits. I'm not certain a Cyclops can take damage from anything except crush depth, and even then they don't seem to destroy, the beacon was still there when I tried, or I didn't drive it far enough out into the void.

For demolition, the PRAWN claw-arm is good DPS, should smash any glitched PRAWN or Seamoth.

I think the issue here is the larva attaching to stuff. Can you pull them off? Does it matter? You should be able to spawn a larva or ten in shallow water, to test faster on a save you don't care about.
    edited September 2016
    Good thinking. Unfortunately the Lava Larva don't seem to behave in the same manner in their non-native biomes. I went to the grassy plateau so I had a little more open space to work with, then spawned two Larva. They immediately began swimming both in the same direction away from the Cyclops. I followed them. They encountered a rock formation and got a bit stuck. One managed to turn around and began swimming again (the other remained stuck in an alcove). Unfortunately they were both killed by the piranha-like fish. Either way, they seemed uninterested in the Cyclops despite it being fully powered. I guess their priority was trying to get back to the Inactive Lava Zone? But I'm not sure.

Sadly the buggy PRAWN suit is stuck inside the Cyclops, I'm not sure how I can use another claw-arm to damage it?
    edited September 2016
    I may have successfully replicated the problem:
    • Tried again to spawn a couple of Larva closer to the PRAWN suit. They noticed the suit in close proximity and attached to it.
    • Entered the PRAWN suit and thrust into the Cyclops docking bay. Checked the Larva were still attached.
    • Pressed E to enter the PRAWN suit. Suit didn't deploy and could no longer turn left or right.
    It was tricky because they were in awkward positions on the PRAWN suit, but I managed to kill the Larva with a knife to remove them. After they were gone, I could enter and deploy the PRAWN suit from the docking bay as normal.