I've been hearing things...

ThosarThosar Join Date: 2016-08-14 Member: 221302Members
Specifically, since the new update I keep hearing clanging, like some sort of steel works. I'll be going along in my seamoth, over the grassy plateaus, or the safe shallows, anywhere, en route to someplace, and I'll hear it. I'll stop and look about, and nothing is there, and then it stops. I shrug, go on playing, and later I hear it again. Is this some new creep tactic?

Comments

• ThosarThosar Join Date: 2016-08-14 Member: 221302Members
    And it's not me crashing into something. It's a full on steel works, a sussurus of indistinct voices, the sound of hammers on metal, and of steam escaping something, gong on for a good 6 seconds.
  • EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
    Your house is haunted.
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    edited September 2016
    Subnautica creepypasta anyone?

Edit: this is what you reminded me of when you mention the metal part
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Subnautica creepypasta anyone?

Edit: this is what you reminded me of when you mention the metal part

Remember that odd person showing up in random places, just standing there and suddenly he's gone again...

Yeah...

• phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    @Kouji_San who ever said I disappeared
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    There is a Warper behind you.
    No, no, behind you.
    No, not there.
    Behind you!
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    @Kouji_San who ever said I disappeared

!
  • CryleveCryleve U.S Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219723Members
    Anyone ever thought that the planet your on is actually a simulation?
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    Cryleve wrote: »

Ohhhhhh!!! That is a VERY good theory, but it sadly isn't true :'( . But hey, we don't know for sure!!
  • KisuKisu Germany Join Date: 2016-08-08 Member: 221099Members
    edited September 2016
    I think I know what it is. It's the sound when something is swimming or smashing against your sub. Most of the time it's just little fish but it also can be the bubbles of the purple brain coral. Once I parked my cyclops somewhere in the grassy plateau and I kept hearing something smashing against it and I started to panic - when I checked it was just the bubbles of the brain coral bursting at my cyclops.

The really weird thing about this is that the sub makes such a loud sound when a bubble is hitting you but stays completely silent when a reaper rams it. :o
  • LonnehartLonnehart Guam Join Date: 2016-06-20 Member: 218816Members
    edited September 2016
    I think I've heard that too, but only in the Cyclops... What's funny is that I can hear that noise when air bubbles from brain coral hit the thing...

• RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    I've heard the clangs, but also what sounds like underwater explosions. I sorta just figured it was the aurora falling apart.
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    Cryleve wrote: »

Sometimes, I do get this sneaking suspicion that I might not actually be stranded on a watery planet, but am in fact just playing a video game about that... nah, can't be.
  • ThosarThosar Join Date: 2016-08-14 Member: 221302Members
    edited October 2016
    Kisu wrote: »
    I think I know what it is. It's the sound when something is swimming or smashing against your sub. Most of the time it's just little fish but it also can be the bubbles of the purple brain coral. Once I parked my cyclops somewhere in the grassy plateau and I kept hearing something smashing against it and I started to panic - when I checked it was just the bubbles of the brain coral bursting at my cyclops.

The really weird thing about this is that the sub makes such a loud sound when a bubble is hitting you but stays completely silent when a reaper rams it. :o

I don't have a Cyclops in this run. I'm actually thinking I'm going to go without it. The seamoth is just so much faster, and it's more fun (for me anyway) to plant waystation bases instead of have a mobile one.

And like I said, I've had this when nothing else was around. Skimming the surface above a deeper biome, just blue in all directions (except up). I've also had it in the shallows. I actually haven't had it since I made this post though...
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    Thosar wrote: »
    Kisu wrote: »

I don't have a Cyclops in this run. I'm actually thinking I'm going to go without it. The seamoth is just so much faster, and it's more fun (for me anyway) to plant waystation bases instead of have a mobile one.

And like I said, I've had this when nothing else was around. Skimming the surface above a deeper biome, just blue in all directions (except up). I've also had it in the shallows. I actually haven't had it since I made this post though...

Well they're not going to do it if you're talking about them, now are they? :wink: