HardCore mode discusion

kubazet99kubazet99 Czech Republic Join Date: 2016-08-17 Member: 221450Members
Hi here you can put your longest time,what you survive in Hardcore.Also you can write here some short story and random moments from HC game.

Comments

• Cynical_ScrubCynical_Scrub England Join Date: 2016-03-19 Member: 214540Members
    8 hours until I had to swim 100 feet for air, due to a repear trapping me in a wreckage. Needless to say I did not make it those 100 feet.
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    edited September 2016
    Three minutes. The one time I decided to try hardcore mode, my Lifepod was above a squad of Gasopods. I made it down and past them to get titanium and fish, but then was bombarded by gas on my return trip... game over.

I've stuck to Survival mode mostly since. :cry:
  • KisuKisu Germany Join Date: 2016-08-08 Member: 221099Members
    I tried it once and drowned in the first gaming hour.
    The end.
  • ReefseekerReefseeker Finland Join Date: 2015-05-21 Member: 204740Members
    Oh I do love Hardcore.

I like how you have to plan for emergencies before you go for a trip.

For example in my Cyclops I have a locker that contains all the necessary stuff to quickly build a small emergency habitat with a nuclear reactor and a fabricator. Just in case my sub happens to sink to the bottom of the ocean somewhere. Although I'm thinking of replacing that with a locker full of Big Tanks and an Air Bladder so I can just GTFO ASAP.

Or how I always have Medical Kits, Beacons and Welders in every vehicle I have.

Anyone else playing like this? Maybe we can share tips & tricks for survival.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited September 2016
    Tried the Survival mode the first day I played the game.
    Died about 15 times in the first couple of hours...

Decided Freedom mode, was a better fit for me from that point on.

Though, I am thinking about trying it again when 1.0 hits.
    That is if all the changes they make between now and then don't seem too excessive.
    (I'm already annoyed with the Seamoth power drain change with the Sept. update)
    B)