Evil microstuttering issue returns...

ScaryGuyScaryGuy Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187496Members, Reinforced - Shadow
Since my return to NS2 from a short break several weeks ago, I've noticed certain areas of maps are giving me fits with severe micro stuttering. No FPS drops. Just stutter. Anyone else having this problem? I've made no significant changes to my pc since I first noticed the problem. But it seems to get worse everytime I play. No amount of lowering graphics settings is helping, and the game is starting to give me headaches when it used to run so silky smooth. Uninstall then a re-download did nothing to help. This is the first time I've had this problem while running on a single GPU.

nvidia 980ti
5820k@4.4
16GBRAM
Windows 10

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2016
    *Move to Technical Support*

Hi,

let's check first if those hitches are really gpu related: Open the console (~ key or whatever is above tab and next to 1 on your keyboard) and enter net_stats and r_stats.

Now check that first of all if the server is stable: It should run and hold 30 ticks and there should be "no server is yellow/red" warnings. If the server is not stable that could explain the hitches.

Next check the connection: Choke and Out of Order should be 0 and packet loose should be 0%. If any of those is larger than 10 there are connection issues which could introduce hitching as well.

Last but not least check your frame rate and how stable the frame delta is: If the frame rate is spiking or dropping below your display rate that could indicate hitching as well.

For further tech support please follow the instructions given in http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/131384/how-to-make-a-good-tech-support-post-read-me-first and generate a tech_support.zip and also attach a screenshot of the running net_stats and r_stats.