Need help please

sabin77sabin77 edmonton Join Date: 2015-08-12 Member: 207081Members
Need help please can't finds any details on this stuff.
1 do you guys know where the PRAWN torpedo arm fragments is I have no idea look around for hours?
2 Are the crabsnake eggs in the game yet?
3 what the code for the captains quarters?

Comments

• SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    1. I found all the arm attachments in larger wrecks. Try in the Mushroom Forest, Floating Island, Koosh Zone, Grand Reef, places like that. And usually behind sealed doors, so bring a cutter. I think the locations are semi-randomized, so I can't say specifically, but that's how I found all the arms.

2. I don't know.

3. AFAIK, the PDA that gives you the code isn't done yet, so we'll just have to wait for that one.
  • sabin77sabin77 edmonton Join Date: 2015-08-12 Member: 207081Members
    Sidchicken wrote: »
    1. I found all the arm attachments in larger wrecks. Try in the Mushroom Forest, Floating Island, Koosh Zone, Grand Reef, places like that. And usually behind sealed doors, so bring a cutter. I think the locations are semi-randomized, so I can't say specifically, but that's how I found all the arms.

2. I don't know.

3. AFAIK, the PDA that gives you the code isn't done yet, so we'll just have to wait for that one.

thx
  • SansTheSkelebroSansTheSkelebro Italy Join Date: 2016-04-27 Member: 216071Members
    Crabsnake eggs have been in the game for a long time, they're just really rare.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Just in case, look at the Wikia wrecks page. All the fragment locations are listed there.

But be aware that some wreck treasure is now closed and really difficult to access through hidden shafts or sealed doors or both. Especially the new Prawn equipment.

The signalled lifepod 17 wreck for example has a first easy access and really good hidden through a dark long twisty shaft there is access through the Prawn fragment section. You'll probably overlook the entry. And a very good place to die from lack of O2 very often if you're unexperienced in wreck diving or don't have 3 HC tanks & lights with you (also managable with 1 plasteel diving like hell through twisted tunnels).
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    zetachron wrote: »
    The signalled lifepod 17 wreck for example has a first easy access and really good hidden through a dark long twisty shaft there is access through the Prawn fragment section. You'll probably overlook the entry. And a very good place to die from lack of O2 very often if you're unexperienced in wreck diving or don't have 3 HC tanks & lights with you (also managable with 1 plasteel diving like hell through twisted tunnels).

Does the wreck change when you unlock the suit? Because I found the prawn bay open to the outside at that wreck, but only after I came back to it looking specifically for prawn arm modules (drill). Early game I had gone there and found the MVB and Seamoth blueprints, then gone away happy, so I'm not sure if something changed, or if I just missed it the first go around.
    @Sidchicken
    I too found the wreck open at some time, but I think it was an earlier build number and now they made access more difficult by closing the bay. I revisited the wreck with a Prawn suit searching for the drill arm and found the doors closed.

Now the dark shaft is really well hidden behind stairs and rubble and with no light inside. I only found it because I already knew that in an earlier build there was a shaft leading to the bay. It was more visible then and the bay doors were additionally open.

I think this development is a positive step towards advanced wreck exploration as a lot of good stuff is now hard to find and access, seperating it from the early and easy to find stuff. And even with a signal as part of the story that leads us to the important wreck location. I might be stupid, but I think it's not too obvious for everyone that all wrecks with large doors are candidates for Prawn bay sections and such might have hidden ways into them. Because right now no story element is leading us to that hidden section. Only the assumption that those large closed doors must have Prawn fragments inside makes us search for a secret entrance right now.

I have one problem with the drill arm fragments hidden that well: They are essential and MUST be found, unlike the other Prawn arms that are only optional goodies right now. I think the game should hold optional secrets and stuff as well as essential must have stuff. The must have fragments must be found through story helper elements, while the optional secrets should be left to intense exploration. This well hidden bay entrance is sure more a candidate for optional game goodies than must have story elements, while most other wrecks have far less hidden secrets. I've seen most wrecks and their secrets and access to this wreck bay is one of the best hidden ways now.
    I too found the wreck open at some time, but I think it was an earlier build number and now they made access more difficult by closing the bay. I revisited the wreck with a Prawn suit searching for the drill arm and found the doors closed.

This was on saturday.
    @Sidchicken
    It's quite difficult to tell, because you need to compare the build numbers and then a savegame from a build might have saved the closed bay doors while another build would have the doors open otherwise (or vice versa).
    I only know that the change was about back a few days. Though it would make sense to me that the devs would want to increase wreck exploration difficulty.
    edited August 2016
    So I played around with this on my lunch break - I started a new game and cheated myself a welder to fix the lifepod and get the signal for lifepod 17. THen I cheated myself a seamoth and went there. The bay was closed. I drove away, and then I thought "maybe the door opens when the ship explodes". So I used the explodeship cheat. Went back, door was open. Started a new game. Same procedure, except this time I sat next to the door while I blew the ship up. Stayed closed. Went away until the wreck was out of sight then came back. Door open. I've not tested all the possible combinations here - blow ship up first, then go to wreck, and going to the wreck twice without the ship exploding, but some combination of those 2 factors seems to open the bay with the drill arms.

EDIT: To be clear this is in the most current stable build.
    Sidchicken wrote: »
    So I played around with this on my lunch break - I started a new game and cheated myself a welder to fix the lifepod and get the signal for lifepod 17. THen I cheated myself a seamoth and went there. The bay was closed. I drove away, and then I thought "maybe the door opens when the ship explodes". So I used the explodeship cheat. Went back, door was open. Started a new game. Same procedure, except this time I sat next to the door while I blew the ship up. Stayed closed. Went away until the wreck was out of sight then came back. Door open. I've not tested all the possible combinations here - blow ship up first, then go to wreck, and going to the wreck twice without the ship exploding, but some combination of those 2 factors seems to open the bay with the drill arms.

Would be sad. I mean I really hoped the devs have achieved true wreck secrets now. And all we'd need more is a bunch of biters luring in the shafts and bleeders waiting behind sealed doors ...
    So far I found it challenging to explore the wreck with the bay doors closed. Even took me to my 75s limit.
  • GenghisConnorGenghisConnor Usa Join Date: 2016-08-25 Member: 221720Members
    Would be sad. I mean I really hoped the devs have achieved true wreck secrets now. And all we'd need more is a bunch of biters luring in the shafts and bleeders waiting behind sealed doors ...
    So far I found it challenging to explore the wreck with the bay doors closed. Even took me to my 75s limit.

I feel you. I wanna come across a big labyrinthine piece of the aurora so tough to explore that it takes several in game days to find everything. I really enjoy the idea of having to set up a work outpost following the discovery of something you know will keep you busy