In-Game Wiki Guide

EnglishInfidelEnglishInfidel Canada Join Date: 2016-07-04 Member: 219533Members
So a lot of people think the game needs to tell a new player not just the basics, but also what to do with fragments, where things are located, whatever it is.
A lot of us completely disagree, and think this sort of thing is immersion breaking and ruins the challenge and discovery for the player. The less guidance the better. The comms messages are good, they fit with the game and give a nice point to start, but it's not enough for some.

Literally everything about the game can be found on the Steam guide or on the Wiki, and I was thinking about how certain games, mainly strategy games from Paradox and the likes, have a link to the Wiki guide in-game, or just a copy-paste job of the wiki imported into the game.

We could easily have the entire wiki on our PDA, right? The PDA already tells us a lot of stuff but this way it would have absolutely everything. Obviously this would not be in-game until 1.0 at least, as every update will make information out of date.

But would this be a solution for those people who feel they aren't given enough information? It seems to me ideal, as those who don't need or want it don't need to look, it isn't intrusive at all, but it's there as a crutch for those people who get stuck.

Would you be satisfied with this solution?

I don't want this thread to be another discussion or debate about how the game should be, information given vs. no information given, because at this point we all know we have different opinions, and we should probably just agree to disagree.

I'm just curious if this idea would be enough, satisfactory for those who want more guidance.