Will there be cosmetic collectibles in the game?

Mr_EndarMr_Endar Join Date: 2016-03-05 Member: 213859Members
Something that you can put on the shelf/table at the base that does nothing.
Like sea shells
42f142aa297f6ef7efdb110b0cf628ce.jpg
stock-photo-big-bright-seashell-on-the-white-background-73857934.jpg
Imagine having one unique shell* per biome (*just an example)
In Morrowind it was fun to collect some unique props and decorate your house with them.

Fragments are collectibles already, but they are essential for game progression. I'm talking about something 100% optional.

Comments

• RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    There's already some of such items in game already.

http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Placeable_Items

Pretty much all of those serve now purpose in the game. Some of that might change in the future but I think not with most if not all of those.
  • Calarand77Calarand77 lurking in general forums Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211786Members
    I love the idea of shells. We do have some fun collectibles in the game already (for which I'll be eternally grateful to the devs as they make my base look more lived in), but they are all related to Aurora and the world we - as the player character - came from. It would be fun if we could collect something like shells (or even just pretty rocks) that would represent the water world we crashed on.
  • Kapanator13Kapanator13 Texas, USA Join Date: 2016-08-24 Member: 221673Members
    I'd like to put something on those wall shelves we can fabricate that are currently just sitting empty in my Lab room atm.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    It would be cool if we could put any object in our inventory on the shelf. Low priority for implementing in the grand scheme of things though.
  • Mr_EndarMr_Endar Join Date: 2016-03-05 Member: 213859Members
    edited August 2016
    There's already some of such items in game already.

http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Placeable_Items
    Yes, stuff like that but related to environment not to Aurora.
    And unique.

It could be shells, it could pearls, it could be gems, it could be skulls (heck I remember we were collecting skulls in Morrowind... even though very few were unique, they were rare)
  • SansTheSkelebroSansTheSkelebro Italy Join Date: 2016-04-27 Member: 216071Members
    I think there's already enough decorative stuff; sure, it would be nice to see some shells or pearls around your base, but I think it's not a big deal right now.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    I also hope they'll keep focusing on the important stuff for now like game progression and the whole story arc. Once v1.0 is out they can release all the bling-blings and shinies they can muster! :smiley:
  • ShuryCZShuryCZ Czech Republic Join Date: 2015-07-07 Member: 206047Members
    I can see this happening after 1.0 and I would love to see it. Anything - as original post says - related to the alien world would rule! I like to collect in games and man, would I love to have my collection of rare stuff from this planet :D

If you think about it, you can collect already (in a way). There is plenty of flora in the game, whether you choose to have it in planters or in a gallery...

But yeah, rather later if at all. Now we need the devs to focus on the main content.
  • LonnehartLonnehart Guam Join Date: 2016-06-20 Member: 218816Members
    Anyone know if that model of the Aurora is still in the wreck? And if it is can we pick it up?
  • MiralityMirality New Zealand Join Date: 2016-08-05 Member: 221004Members
    It's there but it's in a locked room so you can't get to it yet.
  • Mr_EndarMr_Endar Join Date: 2016-03-05 Member: 213859Members
    edited August 2016
    I think there's already enough decorative stuff; sure, it would be nice to see some shells or pearls around your base, but I think it's not a big deal right now.
    Sure, devs needs to fix bugs and tweak balance first.

As a Software Engineer and former game developer myself I know how unfinished product looks. Current state of Subnautica is playable for me, but not okay for 90% of potential customers.