Do you still find crashfish powder in the crashfish shells? I only find eggs.

ElCabongElCabong Houston, Tx Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211851Members
Welder still needs crashfish powder. Do you make it from the eggs?

Like I'm going to put one of them damn things in my aquarium.

Comments

• FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    Some have powder, some have eggs. Seems to be around 50/50.
  • ElCabongElCabong Houston, Tx Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211851Members
    I'm 4 for 4 just eggs
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    It took me two crash homes to find powder. So yes, it's still there. Bad luck getting all eggs.

It would be awesome if we could make omelets with the alien fish eggs.
    Omelets would be fantastic
  • ElMonstroElMonstro Germany Join Date: 2016-08-21 Member: 221570Members
    Omelett from crashfisheggs?
    No thx. I learned around 5 or so not to put explosives in my mouth :D
    ElMonstro wrote: »
    Omelett from crashfisheggs?
    No thx. I learned around 5 or so not to put explosives in my mouth :D

That would come later after you have processed it
  • HerugrimHerugrim The Poconos Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221402Members
    Wonder how well they work in the bioreactor.
  • derk85derk85 Join Date: 2016-08-21 Member: 221575Members
    edited August 2016
    To ElCabong: Im having the SAME EXACT PROBLEM (on Xbox One) when I look for crash powder in those crash-fish shells!!! I did what people in Youtube videos say, which is.... getting very close to the crash-fish shell (while swimming under water), then when the shell opens and the fish comes swimming out to attack you, you then either kill it, let it EXPLODE near you and heal the damage later, or get away from it before it explodes. After you do one of these things, your suppose to get right up next to the crash-shell that the fish was in and grab the crash powder that's inside!! But Ive gone through all the "steps" mentioned above, to get "crash powder", and every shell (that is closed up with the fish still inside) that I find, is completely EMPTY after I get the fish out!!!! (No powder, No egg, No Nothing!!!) I hope this is just a simple glitch that can be fixed with some kind of update or patch!!!!

sorry for rambling on but, I cant do anything else until I can get crash powder and build the welding tool!! thanks
  • BloodGod22BloodGod22 England Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219708Members
    I find plenty of Crashfish powder. I think you're just really really really unlucky mate. :/
  • TarkannenTarkannen North Carolina Join Date: 2016-08-15 Member: 221304Members
    ElCabong wrote: »

I accidentally put a sandshark egg in my AC unit, and was freaked out when I saw one swimming inside later. I don't know if it's due to a bug or programmed that way, but aggressive fish hatched in captivity won't devour other fish or attack you. I was able to take the sandshark out, walk it around and show off my base to it, with the final stop of the tour ending as it got to view first-hand the inside of my bioreactor... It feels nice to enact some form of vengeance against them now. :smirk:

While on the subject, how come we can eat raw alien fish of unknown origin, but yet we can't eat raw fish eggs? It's like comparing sushi to caviar in a way; they should provide *some* basic form of food or water.
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    Tarkannen wrote: »

I accidentally put a sandshark egg in my AC unit, and was freaked out when I saw one swimming inside later. I don't know if it's due to a bug or programmed that way, but aggressive fish hatched in captivity won't devour other fish or attack you. I was able to take the sandshark out, walk it around and show off my base to it, with the final stop of the tour ending as it got to view first-hand the inside of my bioreactor... It feels nice to enact some form of vengeance against them now. :smirk:

While on the subject, how come we can eat raw alien fish of unknown origin, but yet we can't eat raw fish eggs? It's like comparing sushi to caviar in a way; they should provide *some* basic form of food or water.

I think a Stalker that hatches from an egg in the aquarium will attack you... I can't be sure.
  • HexivaHexiva The Inactive Lava Zone Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219670Members
    I've gotten only crashfish eggs for, I think, three out of three tries? Not a huge sample size, but after three tries I assumed that I was doing something wrong and gave up. Perhaps the drop rates should be altered? After all, I'm really only ever going to need two crashfish eggs, right?

I actually thought I was going to be able to make crashfish powder OUT of the eggs. That would be nice.
  • WheeljackWheeljack Chilling in the Grand Reef Join Date: 2016-03-17 Member: 214338Members
    Out of the three crashes I've accidentally set off, I got powder, an egg, and nothing in the last one.
  • orobourosorobouros US Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215163Members
    Four pods. 2 Eggs. 1 Powder. 1 Empty. As above, not a good sample size, but also a terrible rate if it holds. Powder should be most common and, if I'm risking death by hand grenade, the pods should NEVER be empty.
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    edited August 2016

Tarkannen wrote: »

Did your air conditioning still work after? :wink:
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members

*smack*!
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    edited August 2016
    Sidchicken wrote: »

*smack*!

T'WAS WORTH IT.