split screen xbox one

JackTheDuckJackTheDuck Pith Join Date: 2016-07-26 Member: 220667Members
I think split screen should exist on the xbox one version of subnautica because I have sisters that love that love the game but never get turn because ( I hate to say it though) I hog the xbox. Also that way at, least for the short term, it would deal with the no multiplayer situation and would probably be easier to code then online multiplayer.

Comments

• Wish_4_WishesWish_4_Wishes USA Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217569Members
    Split screen would most likely crash faster than multiplayer would. Having to load stuff for 2 people on 1 system has always caused more lag. Look at CoD Zombies for example.
  • Trollolol07Trollolol07 France (Jellyshroom Biome) Join Date: 2016-04-16 Member: 215840Members
    If it happens at least wait for the game to be smooth solo
  • TheSonicSpartanTheSonicSpartan usa Join Date: 2016-06-13 Member: 218538Members
    Let them get there game up and runing good first then we can ask if thay can add split screen. :)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited August 2016
    Hehe, easier to code than online multiplayer :D Actually, the game barely runs as is in terms of performance. Split Screen basically means running two instances on the same machine, which is already taxed beyond it's capabilities due to the nature of pre-alpha/early access non-optimisation.

It would take a miracle to get it to run two instances even after optimisations, is my best bet.

At least with multiplayer you'd have two individual Xbones which can dedicate their resources to the game itself (would still be a mild overhead for network traffic and, well I guess one listenserver)