Subnautica: Companion is now released on android!

LuitjensLuitjens Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73034Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
dd9DXRV.png
dHO5DSv.png
1wLrzUV.png

Download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=seedpod.companion.subnautica*

Thanks for checking it out! Drop feedback in the thread or in Dev Trello.
*iOS and Windows phone coming soon

Comments

• dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
  • ShuryCZShuryCZ Czech Republic Join Date: 2015-07-07 Member: 206047Members
    Well, that is nice apps :) Going to put some feedback, but looks nice so far.
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    PLEASE release this for Windows Phone!!!
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    @Coranth
    Luitjens wrote: »

• LuitjensLuitjens Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73034Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited July 2016
    @Coranth
    Luitjens wrote: »

Yep! iOS take a bit to get approved, Windows will definitely come before iOS, and Amazon is free. If anyone uses Kindles, I can see about getting it on there quickly!

Thanks for wanting those versions, I agree with you, it should be available on all platforms!
  • SanguisDiabolusSanguisDiabolus Join Date: 2016-07-30 Member: 220790Members
    Couldn't find it on the store through my phone, so I thought my Galaxy S3 couldn't run it. But by clicking your link I'm installing now!
  • LuitjensLuitjens Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73034Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited August 2016
    Released an update! v0.1.9
    Sketchfab Model Viewing + VR !

Enjoy :)
    zARI7XN.png
    7OCa9j8.pngablfiAh.png

• WaviestBow6WaviestBow6 Join Date: 2016-06-05 Member: 218131Members
    @Coranth ah ha! I see we have a fellow windows phonian here! its always so rare to see one... but anyways I hope it gets released soon for windows phone!
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited August 2016
    Can you imagine my expression when I read this as...

"Subnautica now released on Android"
    edited August 2016
    @Coranth ah ha! I see we have a fellow windows phonian here! its always so rare to see one... but anyways I hope it gets released soon for windows phone!

I got a WIndows Phone because a) I was sick to death of Android with its Telstra Carrier Bloat, b) I didn't like the fact that Android seems to be a hackable malware nightmare and c) the phone didn't get software updates! "Want the latest version of Android? Well, f--k you, buyer, you won't get it on that device; you will get a new device and you will like it!"

So I thought - after seeing another article about the Stagefright Malware for Android - 'bugger this, I'm going to get a de-branded Nokia Lumia Windows Phone that will get software updates that Microsoft, not your bloody Carrier controls.'

So I did--and I love it! Windows Phone - actually Windows 10 Mobile, now - is a great OS, with its live tile interface. Don't like the way things are on there? Arrange the tiles however you want! Sure it has its niggles - sometimes the tiles stop working, or the sound goes, or something else - but so do all OS's. I dunno why they say "Windows Phone is dead!" I call Bullsh-t...

Android: Root this, Clockwork that, Malware this, Carrier that... *sigh*

Windows: Update Phone, Reboot, Works.

Transferring files from Computer and vice versa works.

Onedrive works. Sync works except Edge but they'll sort that; unimportant.

Interface works, change it how you like.

Don't want some apps: uninstall them.

Messages and Missed Call notes on your PC: Yup, works.
    @Coranth yep I completely agree! :) I love just everything about Windows phone! I love how secure, safe, and how customizable they are! :)

(Windows 10 cross compatibility is one of my favorite features about it! ) :)
    @Coranth yep I completely agree! :) I love just everything about Windows phone! I love how secure, safe, and how customizable they are! :)

(Windows 10 cross compatibility is one of my favorite features about it! ) :)

I know! When I got my first missed call message on my computer I was like "what?" then I worked out what was going on and I'm like, "Oh, cool, I can get notifications from my phone on my PC!"

One thing that bothers me - and this is for Windows 10 in general - is that, while I want to like the new Windows 10 Apps, they're missing many things they need! Groove Music, for example, needs the ability to edit MP3 Tag Data, something all music players have had since...

Another thing is that Edge does not synchronize between devices whilst Google Chrome has this down to an art; just sign in with your Google Account to Chrome and there they are, no matter what device you're on. Stuff like this is a miracle when you need to do a reinstall if something gets borked!

And I know, I know... everyone whinges and whines about Microsoft Edge being "oh, no, the next Internet Explorer", but... with extensions support (read: Blessed Be our Holy Internet Cleanser, AdBlock Plus) it's... it's okay. It was growing on me; plain, simple, no bells, whistles or 50-60MB of bloat (looking at you Chrome and Firefox), but then I found none of my Favorites would sync. It made me unhappy because edge is great

Also the "Film and TV" app would be amazing if it had YouTube Support, as well as the ability to be a "real" TV App--to access your TV Tuner for watching and recording TV. Come on, MS...

@Coranth Yeah, Windows 10 does need fixes here and there. Mostly, for the apps, though. and you're right that would be nice if we could save our recordings and YouTube videos in the movies and TV app. I think you should send Microsoft some feedback about that. :)
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    What about an IOS version
    @Nautical_Nick it says an IOS version will be made.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
  • DOUGHNUT101234DOUGHNUT101234 Scotland Join Date: 2016-08-14 Member: 221289Members
    edited August 2016
    We have hit over 1.1k installs since release, and no app crashes yet! Thanks all for the massive suppport!

Now for an update..

Subnautica: Companion version 0.2.3 is out!

* Fixed recipes not displaying correctly
    * Fixed tables not presenting at the correct width on most devices
    * Fixed content padding
    * Fixed map(Now can zoom)
    * Images should display a popup when clicked on
    * Removed unnecessary Wikia directives
    * New map to great spoils

Download
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=seedpod.companion.subnautica
    0Endeof.png
    YOsIh59.png
    R5jo9z2.png

When is I.O.S version coming? I would love(need) this on my IPad!
    When is I.O.S version coming? I would love(need) this on my IPad!

Working on the android version until it is bug-free, feature complete, then platforming will come later, platforming is not free and takes a few Apple resources to get started.

Maybe a Gofundme/Kickstarter deal would work in helping platform the Subnautica: Companion application faster, if it feels appropriate and people are willing, after all, I don't plan to make a penny from this. Indeed, the future will be to get the companion application available to as many people as possible.

Sorry for the wait!