Now that's just mean.

DagothUrDagothUr Florida Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220125Members
Alright, I know you want to pander to the hard-core crowd before the game is even finished, and removing the multipurpose room from the starting blueprints is certainly going to make them happy. After all, there is only so much you can do with a tube.

However... hiding the fragments for it 250m+ down in the Jellyshroom Caves might have been a bit much. Just sayin'.

Comments

• LonnehartLonnehart Guam Join Date: 2016-06-20 Member: 218816Members
    Somehow I expected them to be found there (which is why I never build the MP room until I've explored the abandoned seabase there). Now what would happen if the blueprints for the scanner can only be found in Reaper Leviathan territory... hmm...
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    DagothUr wrote: »
    Lonnehart wrote: »
    Now what would happen if the blueprints for the scanner can only be found in Reaper Leviathan territory... hmm...

Don't give them any ideas.

Yeah, its not like that's what this forum is here for or anything.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    The jelly caves are hardly difficult to access. And all you really need an MP room for are reactors, water purifier and alien containment. Oh, and beds, but those are mainly cosmetic anyways, and you'll find the MP room at the same time you're finding a bed, so that works out naturally. I suppose the large indoor growbed wouldn't fit well in a corridor either, but you can always use the individual pots there.
  • Calarand77Calarand77 lurking in general forums Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211786Members
    Sidchicken wrote: »
    Oh, and beds, but those are mainly cosmetic anyways, and you'll find the MP room at the same time you're finding a bed, so that works out naturally.
    With just a little bit precise movement, beds fit quite nicely into an observation room as well - falling asleep surrounded by fish is awesome. Just saying.
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    Honestly this would give me a reason to go to the Jellyshroom Caves now. Plus I feel like having multiple broken scanners, that only scan part of a fragment before breaking, in the Shallows and Kelp Forest Wrecks would be good to start out before getting the Scanner Blueprint in a Plateau Wreck. Hopefully I'll have more reasons to visit all of the biomes again
  • LonnehartLonnehart Guam Join Date: 2016-06-20 Member: 218816Members
    edited July 2016
    Now what would happen if the blueprints for the scanner can only be found in Reaper Leviathan territory... hmm...

Heh... I doubt they would break the game by making the scanner near impossible to get as you need it to get everything else. :)

Kinda like how you need a special item to defeat the final boss... but you can only get that item in the very first level of the game... which you couldn't get without a device you can only get later in the game... which breaks the game since you can't go back to the first level EVER.
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members

Heh... I doubt they would break the game by making the scanner near impossible to get as you need it to get everything else. :)

Kinda like how you need a special item to defeat the final boss... but you can only get that item in the very first level of the game... which you couldn't get without a device you can only get later in the game... which breaks the game since you can't go back to the first level EVER.

Or they could just make things you DON'T need to scan.
  • BloodGod22BloodGod22 England Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219708Members
    Calarand77 wrote: »
    Oh, and beds, but those are mainly cosmetic anyways, and you'll find the MP room at the same time you're finding a bed, so that works out naturally.
    With just a little bit precise movement, beds fit quite nicely into an observation room as well - falling asleep surrounded by fish is awesome. Just saying.

For now anyway. Weren't they supposed to make the night go quicker if you slept in them? Or is that not being implemented anymore?
  • DagothUrDagothUr Florida Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220125Members
    It's like putting the Seamoth depth upgrade at the bottom of 500m deep hole.
  • SlackerstuSlackerstu Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217432Members
    BloodGod22 wrote: »

For now anyway. Weren't they supposed to make the night go quicker if you slept in them? Or is that not being implemented anymore?

I heard they were planning to make the day/night times much longer so we didnt have to eat every 3 minutes. Maybe will scale the night back a bit in that change.

• RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Slackerstu wrote: »
    BloodGod22 wrote: »

I heard they were planning to make the day/night times much longer so we didnt have to eat every 3 minutes. Maybe will scale the night back a bit in that change.

if they made the nights longer but adjusted things so that we can skip part of it/skip it completely by using beds, that would be awesome. I may not represent the majority but i rather love night time in the game. Not only is the whole world much more beautiful with all the bioluminescence but it also feel much more dangerous with all them predators going completely wonkers on me! :smiley:
  • DactylosDactylos United States Join Date: 2016-07-11 Member: 220055Members
    Its funny, I started a new game and decided I was going to make a base without a multipurpose room, to try that out. And then I noticed I didn't have it. Honestly, making a base with two X connectors and two corridor pieces is room enough. The only thing I was hurting for was a water filtration anchor point.

Then I crafted the seamoth, slapped in the pressure compensator you get at the Aurora, and went down to explore the caves. I was hoping you could scan the multipurpose rooms at the abandoned base like you could the observatory. Which would make more sense than scanning placeholder fragments down there.

You should really be able to scan the multipurpose room, the observatory, and the water filtration machine down in the shroom base.
    Yes, I do find it odd that the Wonderland deep sea base has a filter machine, but it's not a scan item.
  • overfloateroverfloater Earth Join Date: 2016-07-12 Member: 220127Members
    ...Oh, and beds, but those are mainly cosmetic anyways...

i don't mind sleeping on the floor... :^)

• RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    ...Oh, and beds, but those are mainly cosmetic anyways...

i don't mind sleeping on the floor... :^)

I mind sleeping on the floor! its hard and .... and wet. Im sorry :smiley:
  • DactylosDactylos United States Join Date: 2016-07-11 Member: 220055Members
    I kind of hope they add in a use for the bed. Like advancing time through the night to the next day.
    Dactylos wrote: »
    I kind of hope they add in a use for the bed. Like advancing time through the night to the next day.

It worked for Minecraft.

No game developer should ever be too proud to steal a good idea. :)
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    edited August 2016
    Dactylos wrote: »

It worked for Minecraft.

Also Skyrim. Hell, even Skyward Sword.