THE NEW SEAMOTH STEERING IS... BEAUTIFUL!

HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members
Hey all,
Just hopped on experimental and the new steering is fantastic. It feels so smooth and cinematic; it actually feels like I'm driving a submersible under the ocean :smiley:
Also, on the Trello, we're getting Seamoth and Exosuit HUDs for torpedo ammunition. I'm really excited with this and would also love to see a lightswitch on the HUD, the health bar (rather than having it at the bottom) and maybe even the depth meter displayed. Maybe even a map or compass? I think having an in-built HUD would be much more immersive and awesome.
Anyway, that's my little feedback/points of interest post. Hope you enjoyed :smiley:

Comments

• Duff_McDugginDuff_McDuggin Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205964Members
    Yeah I was pretty impressed witb the new steering when I jumped on last nignt. The controls animate for the direction turned, and no more of that head sway crap. Spot on devs. Spot on indeed.
  • Calarand77Calarand77 lurking in general forums Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211786Members
    The change/improvement is so AMAZING!

As far as I'm concerned, seamoth steering is absolutely perfect now - it's responsive and, simply put, FUN!

Thank you so much for that, devs!
  • ComicalSkateComicalSkate Canada, ON Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204993Members
    Now I have to try it out!
  • SprutnikSprutnik Denmark Join Date: 2016-05-10 Member: 216601Members
    edited July 2016
    Aww yiss finally I've waited for this since April, :cry: the struggle was real.
    Yes this was a big deal for me since i couldn't touch the seamoth without getting a slight headache, and I didn't really wanted to play without the little snippy seamoth that i loved.
    It also even feels better than how it was before the update in April.

Thanks for the head-ups, can't wait for this to make it into non-experimental (as I assume this is currently only for experimental version?)

Seamoth is love, seamoth is life :blush: Thank you devs for making the seamoth great again!
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    So far i do believe that the new seamoth steering is only in Experimental versi0on of the game. Hopefully it makes it in the next big update we'll get with the Exosuit :smiley:
  • HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members
    Calarand77 wrote: »
    The change/improvement is so AMAZING!

As far as I'm concerned, seamoth steering is absolutely perfect now - it's responsive and, simply put, FUN!

Thank you so much for that, devs!

Agreed. Many thanks to the Devs <3
  • CryleveCryleve U.S Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219723Members
    On the subject of the Seamoth what about a change to nothing this steering is pretty damn good.I like where your heads are Unknown Worlds!
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    Wait! The steering is changed! Hallelujah, thank the dev gods of the ocean.
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    edited July 2016
    Is it just me or does the Seamoth Interior "feel" different somehow? Irregardless of that, the new steering rocks; I love how everything is animated, and how responsive it is!
  • ShuryCZShuryCZ Czech Republic Join Date: 2015-07-07 Member: 206047Members
    Devs were like: We will make seamoth great again! :D Haha, but anyway... This is why I believe in this team. They just know what we want. No stress, with time, everything will be fine :)
  • KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
    I think I was one of the ones most negatively affected by the previous Seamoth steering, and with the latest experimental update it's now very good!

Still not quite perfect, but totally useable for me, and it makes the exploration and resource gathering required to construct the Seamoth totally worth it again. Thanks for solving this issue! :thumbsup: