Cyclops

ThePineappleManThePineappleMan UK Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217593Members
Today I went on my creative save and created a cyclops just to see what it was like after the update. The first thing that I noticed was that the quality of some of the textures inside the cyclops are just appalling. The next thing I did was see what the new features of the cyclops were like but when I went to use them I clicked the A button and nothing happened! Also, when I steer the cyclops left and right the frame rate just tanks. I hope that these issues get fixed because the cyclops is a very big part of Subnautica.

Comments

• taffman66taffman66 uk Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217766Members
    My main issue is when I piolt Cyclops, I am able to see items I've crafted in and around my base, planters, storage, fabricators, solar panel ext, through the walls and surrounding land, and they can be seen for quite a distance too.
  • eprom101eprom101 Vegas Join Date: 2016-07-14 Member: 220211Members
    I built the Cyclops but can't use it so It's just sitting outside of my base rusting. I can't turn the interior lights off so I cant see out of the glass in dark areas.
  • PragimusPragimus US Join Date: 2016-07-24 Member: 220610Members
    A few words on the Cyclops.

One; Interior lights don't turn off the apparent SOURCE of light, however I've found that constructed items that the player builds inside the compartments actually darkens and lightens when one toggles interior lights, in other words, if one were to imagine what the prefabbed cyclops room would look like with lights off, the mesh for built items [fabricator, lockers, charging stations, etc etc] look correct for whatever state the lights are in. [perhaps this is something the devs can use to trouble shoot the code]. Further, untill I hit the toggle light function on the Cyclops, I didn't see built items inside the base through it's walls. Once I hit the toggle, then all the knick knacks and whoseewhatsits [technical word there, yeah?] INSIDE the base. And no, toggling the switch back to it's original state didn't make the occluded objects vanish from my viewpoint.

Two; While messing around with my binding options, I unpaired 'use left hand' and 'interact' from 'A'. I set left hand for left trigger and I've discovered a few game play changes as follows;
    . A; Seamoth activated modules can be activated with left trigger
    . B; Whilst swimming and attempting to grab fish, Left Trigger
    . C; While piloting the Cyclops, one can honk the horn with Left Trigger

Three; No matter how I mess with the key bindings, I can't seem to activate the mounted cameras on the Cyclops [being unable to fire torpedoes and the like on the Seamoth was what prompted me to mess around with the keybindings]

Okay, that was more than a few words, but I hope I was clear and understandable at least.

Keep up the good work Devs!

Pragimus
  • Luffy490Luffy490 USA Join Date: 2016-06-04 Member: 218088Members
    Pragimus wrote: »
    A few words on the Cyclops.

Two; While messing around with my binding options, I unpaired 'use left hand' and 'interact' from 'A'. I set left hand for left trigger and I've discovered a few game play changes as follows;
    . A; Seamoth activated modules can be activated with left trigger
    . B; Whilst swimming and attempting to grab fish, Left Trigger
    . C; While piloting the Cyclops, one can honk the horn with Left Trigger

Pragimus

I hope they see the problem behind Left Hand and Interact. The logic with the rest of the game is a bit backwards, and it really hinders usability of the vehicles. Even, the future Exosuit might have similar control issues.