Abyss Skulk skin - Should I have gotten it already?

CapnBlackthorneCapnBlackthorne Ireland Join Date: 2014-07-01 Member: 197148Members
Hey guys, just checking to see if I could get the Abyss Skulk skin. Seems from my Hive I should have enough play-time on Caged (on UWE NS2 Rookie #1) to get it. Not totally sure of all the criteria. My username is MagTuired.

If I'm doing something wrong (like playing on the wrong servers), please let me know.

Oh and by the way, slightly unrelated, is it possible from admins to change my UWE forum/account name? Would like to make it match my Steam/Hive account if possible.

Thanks for your help.

P.S. Love this game, used to play NS1, discovered NS2 a while ago. Nearly all I play now. The skins are great too, bought both the Tundra and Reaper pack looking forward to the next ones.

Comments

• TriggerHappyBroTriggerHappyBro Ohio Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217383Members, NS2 Playtester
    From the Build 301 patch notes
    What would a new map be without some other goodies? As a special treat, players who play on caged for two hours or more within the first week of release will unlock a new skulk skin. This can only be earned until June 10, 2016. After this date you will only be able to trade or buy it from players that earned it in the community marketplace. Get it FREE while you can!
    They did end up extending it through the weekend (maybe the whole of the following week? I can't remember exactly how long they extended it). It looks like you got the achievement on Jun 16, so depending on how long they extended you might have made the cutoff. @GhoulofGSG9, should the skin have dropped for MagTuired?
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    What would a new map be without some other goodies? As a special treat, players who play on caged for two hours or more within the first week of release will unlock a new skulk skin. This can only be earned until June 10, 2016. After this date you will only be able to trade or buy it from players that earned it in the community marketplace. Get it FREE while you can!
    They did end up extending it through the weekend (maybe the whole of the following week? I can't remember exactly how long they extended it). It looks like you got the achievement on Jun 16, so depending on how long they extended you might have made the cutoff. @GhoulofGSG9, should the skin have dropped for MagTuired?

The Abyss Skulk dropped only from Friday June 3rd 2016 to Monday June 13th 2016 as mentioned in the announcement of build 302. So everything seems to be correct as he/she did not make it in time.
  • CapnBlackthorneCapnBlackthorne Ireland Join Date: 2014-07-01 Member: 197148Members

The Abyss Skulk dropped only from Friday June 3rd 2016 to Monday June 13th 2016 as mentioned in the announcement of build 302. So everything seems to be correct as he/she did not make it in time.

Ah, I see! I was confused about that since it still greeted me with that message on the main screen.

TriggerHappy is right though, I did get the achievement quite some time ago after playing a few rounds on Caged. But I checked my inventory, and I didn't have the skin.

Would I have gotten that achievement if I missed the deadline?

No problem if I missed, it - but fairly sure I was playing Caged the weekend in question and I did get the achievement.

• TriggerHappyBroTriggerHappyBro Ohio Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217383Members, NS2 Playtester
    Would I have gotten that achievement if I missed the deadline?

Yes, and that appears to be exactly what happened.