Mouse snapping to centre of screen on main menu

MinosMurdocMinosMurdoc United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-07-14 Member: 220227Members
Hi

I've been playing the game for a couple of weeks now via steam and on Monday i received my Oculus, so wanted to test the game out in VR. But after a 15-20 minutes of play i was starting to feel a bit of simulation sickness, so logged out and unplugged the Oculus CV1 to continue playing in the standard non-vr mode (with a reboot between). But when the game booted up and i had access to the main menu the mouse cursor kept jumping/snapping to the centre of the screen. So i was unable to select the "Load" button or any of the other options (New game/options/exit). I've uninstalled the game and reinstalled. but still having the same issue.

While doing a bit of testing i have tried the following (with a reboot between each and without a reboot between).

1. Boot game with Oculus, Senor and Xbox wireless controller unplugged. = Game loads in Non-vr mode but mouse keeps jumping to centre of screen, cant select options or anything on main menu

2. Boot Game with everything plugged in, but with "-VRMODE None" launch option set = Game loads in Non-vr mode but mouse keeps jumping to centre of screen, cant select options or anything on main menu

3. Boot game in VR mode = Game launches and can select options, loads save game. No problems.

4. Retried steps one and two again with same results.

To me it seems to be related to running the game in VR now i cant play it in non-vr, even after a complete uninstall and reinstall.

Please help

Comments

• HonkyKongHonkyKong United States Join Date: 2016-07-14 Member: 220210Members
    I'm having the same problem and have tested most of those same scenarios. The only thing I have to add is that after update 67 I played FIRST in non VR mode and had no problems. I then loaded VR again with no problems. When I reached my motion sickness threshold I went to go back to non VR mode and now have the mouse snapping to center problem. I have tried various things to no avail. I feel that it is somehow related to the controller being activated.
  • TentacleTentacle Germany Join Date: 2016-04-03 Member: 215298Members
    I have the same problem for some time now. Completely independent of any controllers or rift attached. In fact this seems to be the exact same behavior that makes the seamoth so unbearable. As long as you move the mouse it is OK, but as soon as you stop the mouse snaps back. Just like the seamoth only without any damping. I think there is something very much messed up in the input routines that should be addressed with high priority.
  • IndestopableIndestopable USA Join Date: 2016-07-16 Member: 220324Members
    I noticed this issue AFTER i Enabled Controller in options after seeing latest update added XBOX controller support. I am now completely unable to play the game as I cannot get passed the main menu. I have not yet searched for the config file which stores game options settings (if it exists), but what else can I do besides a reinstall?
  • XenotoXenoto Texas Join Date: 2016-07-15 Member: 220267Members
    I am having this same problem, but I do not have any form of VR and have never loaded it in any VR mode... Anyone found a fix for this? I have tried everything except a reinstall and would like to avoid it if possible.
  • empatojayosempatojayos canada Join Date: 2016-07-25 Member: 220651Members
    I have the same problem. It occured after I enabled the gamepad in the menu. I've attempted a uninstall/reinstall with no luck. I've also looked through the game files for the game options config file and it doesn't seem to have one. This may need to be patched out.
  • XenotoXenoto Texas Join Date: 2016-07-15 Member: 220267Members
    Sure wish this was getting more attention...
  • GryphorimGryphorim South of the Reef Join Date: 2015-09-10 Member: 207864Members
    Bump, as I'm having same problem