[BUG] Falling through base floor - again

HormanHorman Germany Join Date: 2016-03-16 Member: 214292Members
Hi all,
yesterday I fell though the floor of my base again - even with a new save-file.
I was trying to build a new multipurpose room from the inside, then I turned around and suddenly I was falling...

Now I read somewhere, that using the console to kill myself might help to save the save file....
Can someone explain, how I use the console (never used it before) and how to kill myself for this case?

Comments

• SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    edited June 2016
    To activate the console, press F3 and F8, and uncheck the "disable console" box, then close both. Then you can hit enter to bring up the console entry box.

EDIT: To clarify this, F3 brings up the window that has the checkbox, but you won't have a mouse cursor to uncheck it with. That's why you press F8. You don't actually need to send feedback to make this work.

http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Debug_Console_Commands

That's a link to a list of console commands. Entering KILL is the one you are asking about. You could also just try WARPME.
  • HormanHorman Germany Join Date: 2016-03-16 Member: 214292Members
    Cool, thank you!

Hope the Devs will fix this falling through the floor bug quickly!
  • Alrekr_IronhandAlrekr_Ironhand New Hampshire, US Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214677Members
    Seconded. Both I and my daughter have run into this bug repeatedly.