I can't play it because of the huge amount of space needed to play!

SwagerfishSwagerfish America Join Date: 2016-06-28 Member: 219228Members
I downloaded it and I thought I could play it and I couldn't so I got really mad so I tried to clear space for it on my RAM but it's just too much!

Comments

• marceloserraomarceloserrao Portugal Join Date: 2016-06-26 Member: 219149Members
    do you mean space in your HDD?
    could you tell us your computer specs?
  • crane476crane476 United States, Tx Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206850Members
    Your computer probably has low specs. Subnautica is by no means a graphically intensive game. Mid to low end computers should still be able to play it if you have a somewhat decent graphics card. Are you trying to play on a mac or a regular laptop? Because if you are then I have some bad news....
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Calarand77 wrote: »
    Hmm. The fact that you thought you could play it does not equal you checking the system requirements, because it clearly says on Steam how much storage space is needed. In other words, you couldn't be bothered to make sure your machine can handle it and then you came here yelling that it's the game's fault somehow? Boggles the mind.

this is true, altho if you go to the Steam page of subnautica for instance, it says on the minimum requirements 4gb of disk space and on the recommended 8gb of disk space.

Now if i go to my Steam folder, my Subnautica game folder says its well over 12gb in size which is roughly 50% bigger than the recommended requirements heh (im on Experimental mode, maybe the regular stable mode is a bit smaller due to having less content)

That being said, this is an Early Access game, which gets updated VERY OFTEN which means that the size of the game changes daily for the Experimental mode and roughly monthly for the stable version.

As with every EA/Alpha/Beta games, you must be aware that the minimal/recommended disk space required to install the game will most likely always be bigger than whats listed in there. Its sad cuz then you have to guess if you got enough space (if youre struggling for space on your HDDs) ... but its like that.

I would strongly recommend to anyone with low disk space to not DL any game in EA/Alpha/Beta mode for this specific reason sadly :disappointed:
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    Swagerfish wrote: »
    I downloaded it and I thought I could play it and I couldn't so I got really mad so I tried to clear space for it on my RAM but it's just too much!

Sorry to hear that, I understand this situation is everything but fun, but it's nothing you can be helped with. You'll need to improve your platform if you want to play.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I hate to be that guy but as a side note, ram is not drive space :D
  • ComicalSkateComicalSkate Canada, ON Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204993Members
    I think you need to download more dedidated wam. https://www.downloadmorewam.com/
  • Victor32Victor32 Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215181Members
    I hate to be that suspicious bastard, but I find the fact OP specifically wrote "downloaded" as opposed to "bought" very telling.