Lab Bench Storage?

KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
Wouldn't it be great if the new lab benches could be used as a storage container?

I know they've been added just as extra decor we can place in our sea bases, but after placing a couple of the lab benches in my 'workshop' room, I couldn't help but wish you could stash stuff away inside them. Maybe not quite as much as the wall locker, but something like that.

Dunno how much work is involved in hooking them up to behave like other containers, but it's a thought...

Comments

• AntoninAntonin Montréal Join Date: 2016-05-08 Member: 216529Members
    And it would be nice to take coffee (same function that a water bottle) from the coffee vending machine.
  • Rooks_NemesisRooks_Nemesis Ontario Join Date: 2016-06-11 Member: 218388Members
    Antonin wrote: »
    And it would be nice to take coffee (same function that a water bottle) from the coffee vending machine.

You would think now that beds and coffee machines where in the game.. Sleep/fatigue would be a thing.

And to the OP, I agree with you but also feel as if the benchs need a storage option as well. Kind of like the storage on pod 5
  • joni65joni65 Kansas Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218763Members
    Coffee makes everything better, so yeah, for sure!

• yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    Just as long as you're not talking about the $2/cup engine parts cleaner sold at a certain truck stop...

Seriously, I think coffee should have stats..maybe a little healing, a bit of food, decrease hydration...
    yomama wrote: »
    Just as long as you're not talking about the $2/cup engine parts cleaner sold at a certain truck stop...

Seriously, I think coffee should have stats..maybe a little healing, a bit of food, decrease hydration...
    I remember those days. Planning trips around the best coffee along the route.

• RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    edited June 2016

we could maybe create or find some kind of plant that produces coffee fruits on the floater island, which we could process the fruit's seeds to make coffee grains! Then u put 1x water bottle with it in the coffee machine to produce the same bottle-sized coffee drinkable!

Of course, thinking back on it, it seems alot of trouble just for us to get coffee but .... ya know, COFFEE IS LIFE! you dont wanna meet me in a corridor on a day i didnt had my morning coffee :wink:
  • ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    *stands up*
    Hello and welcome to our little ACA (anonymous coffee addicts) group. I am called The Passionate Gamer and I am addicted to coffee. ;)
    *sits down again*
    So, uh...guys....it wasn't my week to bring the....refreshments...for the meeting, was it? I coulda sworn I was next week...
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Great... now I wanna listen to Dennis Leary rant about coffee flavored coffee.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    yomama wrote: »
    So, uh...guys....it wasn't my week to bring the....refreshments...for the meeting, was it? I coulda sworn I was next week...

Im fairly sure it was you week mama! not only that but the coffee mate and the fancy cups as well! subnautica coffee wont taste the same unless its drank from a peeper-looking mug :smirk:
    *stands up*
    Hello and welcome to our little ACA (anonymous coffee addicts) group. I am called The Passionate Gamer and I am addicted to coffee. ;)
    *sits down again*
    I feel you. We can get through this together. Of course it will take a while so we better get some coffee ... Errrr ...
    edited June 2016
    joni65 wrote: »
    I feel you. We can get through this together. Of course it will take a while so we better get some coffee ... Errrr ...

:smiley:
  • Alrekr_IronhandAlrekr_Ironhand New Hampshire, US Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214677Members
    *stands up*
    *sits down again*

It is by cappuccino alone I set my mind in motion.

The counter stains are a warning; the beans become a grind, the grind becomes a shot, the shot acquires a crema, water becomes steam, milk becomes a froth. I will turn the inner eye to the path of the brew, and where it has passed, there will be only vigorous neuron activity.

• DefectiveDelfinDefectiveDelfin Planet earth Join Date: 2015-07-19 Member: 206262Members
    Well, coffee could be an aesthetic thing, where consuming it does nothing. Making it heal you would be a little far fetched so how about making it a reskin of filtered water? The coffee machine would act like a water filtration machine and it will fabricate a cup of coffee that restores minimal amounts of hydration.

Or have it just be a useless item that you can consume for fun.
    edited June 2016
    *stands up*
    *sits down again*

The counter stains are a warning; the beans become a grind, the grind becomes a shot, the shot acquires a crema, water becomes steam, milk becomes a froth. I will turn the inner eye to the path of the brew, and where it has passed, there will be only vigorous neuron activity.

I heart this poem

• ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    *stands up*
    *sits down again*

Nice one. Kudos for adapting that to coffee. :)

For all those who do not recognise this. It is based on a mantra from the movie Dune (1984). The Harkonnen Mentat (Mentats are humans with computer like thought and logical capacities) repeats the original mantra ("It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.") in the film while he drinks a juice that boost his mental powers.

Because he repeats it a few times in the film it will sink in even if you watched it only once. Though you may not be able to recall it you still will think "I heard that before." when you read or hear it again. :)
    Ha! I thought that was familiar. Thanks for placing it for us lazy people. That's a Reference Award winner right there.