The Epic Trello Thread

Comments

• TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    Wow, the lava zone looks gorgeous now. Looks like these updates are coming faster and faster.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    I'm looking forward to all the damaged tech going in-game. Scanning busted stuff, instead of pristine generic boxes really ups the immersion level, and just makes so much more sense. Hopefully the fragments will be found in places that also make sense - maybe we'll have to visit the jellyshroom base or the planned 3rd Degasi base to find the thermal plant fragments, for example. Or go to the floating island to find solar panels.
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    edited July 2016
    Colin Knueppel moved "Emperor - Pathing Rig Update" from Doing to Done; methinks the Sea Emperor will move about properly now...

"Exosuit animation fixes and additions" is Done; notes: Exosuit anims are wonky as hell. Fixing them

Work continues on the Cutefish Interactions

We have new ways to die...

... and finally, I think I'll just let this plant hang here...

We'll need to check these Reactors, they look pretty beaten up...

Elbows! Why is it always elbows!

This will be awesome; must test it!
  • Invisigoth247Invisigoth247 USA Join Date: 2016-03-06 Member: 213934Members
    @LeonDOGE
    It is in game? If so, is the entrance by the grand reef or the lost river?
  • LeonDOGELeonDOGE France Join Date: 2016-01-16 Member: 211525Members
    edited July 2016
    @LeonDOGE

If you're talking about the Tree, then it's between one of the LR's entrance to the ILZ and the Bones Field.
  • Invisigoth247Invisigoth247 USA Join Date: 2016-03-06 Member: 213934Members
    LeonDOGE wrote: »
    @LeonDOGE

If you're talking about the Tree, then it's between one of the LR's entrance to the ILZ to the Bones Field.

Ok cool. So the Ghost Canyon is not in the Lost River? I assumed it was since it was that green hue. Where-abouts is the Ghost Canyon then?
  • LeonDOGELeonDOGE France Join Date: 2016-01-16 Member: 211525Members
    LeonDOGE wrote: »
    @LeonDOGE

If you're talking about the Tree, then it's between one of the LR's entrance to the ILZ to the Bones Field.

Ok cool. So the Ghost Canyon is not in the Lost River? I assumed it was since it was that green hue. Where-abouts is the Ghost Canyon then?

Ghost Canyon is part of the LR, connecting DGR to the Bones Field.

I know; there's a launch platform. Damn, this game is going to be fantastic when it hits 1.0!

GjUoxzQ.png
    @LeonDOGE: Holy claptrap that looks amazing!
    edited July 2016
    The excitement is real, folks!

New Card, Exo blueprint, extension fragments and gating; Someone needs to add computer data entries for the four new exo arm modules. We discussed this in Hipchat and the thought was not to make them fragments, as people are getting fatigued with that.

So someone needs to add these four new tech types and figure out a way players can unlock them. It should be mid to late game. I suggest at the Inactive Lava Zone or Precursor Base depth (attached).

xftRBGy.png

Charlie Cleveland moved Use Lukas' awesome feedback tool to make sure we're focused on the right high-level features and quantities from To Do to Backlog 3 hours ago :(

Charlie Cleveland moved Prototype some beautiful and interesting creature behaviours from To Do to Backlog :(

Charlie Cleveland added/joined Remove "dig sand" to To Do 2 hours ago

Vyacheslav Sedovich moved prevent seamoth / exosuit specific upgrades to be installed in wrong vehicle type from To Do to Done

Vyacheslav Sedovich moved Exosuit should use 2 power cells from To Do to Done; this is in experimental already.

Vyacheslav Sedovich archived Make built-in lockers functional[/i] an hour ago; Already implemented. Archiving card.
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    edited July 2016
    I was just poking around in the Deep Grand Reef and I found a fragment down there called a "BaseWaterPark". Turns out it was the Large Aquarium / Alien Containment.

7exlhxtzwpq2.jpg

Well now. The source of infinite fish food is being relocated to a deep sea area. Interesting!
    I also found a 'Bulkhead Fragment' in the Mountains Wreck. Cool to see these things being put into the game and the starting blueprints beginning to be thinned out. Can't wait to start hunting these when the locker models are replaced with damaged tech <3
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    That crabquid is lookin mighty hungry there. Best be clearing out.
  • Gourmet_GuyGourmet_Guy Ohio Join Date: 2016-06-16 Member: 218647Members
    Just hoping there isn't any major fragments going into the mountain or dunes wrecks. I want to avoid Reaper Territory as much as possible!
    Rezca wrote: »
    I was just poking around in the Deep Grand Reef and I found a fragment down there called a "BaseWaterPark". Turns out it was the Large Aquarium / Alien Containment.

7exlhxtzwpq2.jpg

Well now. The source of infinite fish food is being relocated to a deep sea area. Interesting!
    I also found a 'Bulkhead Fragment' in the Mountains Wreck. Cool to see these things being put into the game and the starting blueprints beginning to be thinned out. Can't wait to start hunting these when the locker models are replaced with damaged tech <3

Those fragments may well be replaced with 'broken' tech pieces!
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    Coranth wrote: »
    Rezca wrote: »

7exlhxtzwpq2.jpg

Those fragments may well be replaced with 'broken' tech pieces!

I went to the Floater Island after this to scan a MultiPurpose Room aaand.... Couldn't. So I went to the Jellyshroom caves to try the base there, and guess what I found?

MP Room "Fragments" lying around. I imagine those will be replaced by damaged parts too. I thought you'd scan the rooms themelves from the abandoned bases, guess that isn't the case.
    Just hoping there isn't any major fragments going into the mountain or dunes wrecks. I want to avoid Reaper Territory as much as possible!

That seems like wishful thinking to me. If there wasn't anything cool to find out there, no one would go out there. It stands to reason there will be something worth the risk in those biomes.
  • XanzokenXanzoken New Zealand Join Date: 2016-06-27 Member: 219170Members
    edited July 2016
    That tree cove looks AMAZING! Can't wait to see what the brine pools look like.
    Andi completed color customization on exosuit 15 hours ago

Andi moved color customization for exosuit from Doing to Done 15 hours ago; awesome stuff, we all know we secretly want hot pink suits, yeah?.

Charlie Cleveland moved Remove "dig sand" from Doing to Done 15 hours ago; more optimization. I won't miss it

Exploded Life Pods; oh, jeez I hope one of these won't be ours... *gulp*

New Card: Cave and Loot Tasks has been added; though it's just been put there, that list looks pretty cool; more exciting stuff to eventually discover.

Charlie Cleveland moved A pass on "middle" recipes from Doing to Done; notes: Adding exo recipe, polyanilline and fireproof aerogel -- Okay, what the hell are those? Polyanilline? Fireproof Aerogel? Lava Zone here. we. go!

"Precursor Keys Setup and Animation" is Done; I have no idea what these are. Keys to the ancient Precursor Bases? *hype intensifying*

Brian Cummings moved Jumping into water from Backlog to Done B65 Machine Update Date TBA
  • ScienceNeko3ScienceNeko3 The Netherlands Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219689Members
    "Precursor Keys Setup and Animation" is Done; I have no idea what these are. Keys to the ancient Precursor Bases? *hype intensifying*

Not keys to open doors I'm afraid. Keys are the final postures to which an animation works from the previous key.
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/animeditor-AnimationCurves.html

• JasonV16JasonV16 Indonesia Join Date: 2016-07-22 Member: 220560Members

Not keys to open doors I'm afraid. Keys are the final postures to which an animation works from the previous key.
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/animeditor-AnimationCurves.html

Ah, damn--but still good stuff!
    edited July 2016
    I'm gonna bring in some of the checkins before I do the trello snips; be aware that they're ahead of the current build, which is 35095. Let's see...

35121 Hooked up updating prefab databases to changing prefab class ids.

35120 lost_river_hanging_plant fixes

35119 Deleted texture streaming data; probably old, unneeded data, methinks

35118 Removed obsolete Bioreactor and NuclearReactor prefabs. Removed obsolete mining assets; if we optimize it anymore she'll run in 640k Captain!

35117 Deleted obsolete trees

35116 Compressed Exosuit illumination textures

35115 Removed obsolete rock assets (was still referenced by RandomBoulder which is also obsolete); nice!

35114 Rebuilt music; Wonder what this means? I can't wait to hear it.

35113 Updated shader on Fabricator and Workbench (removed outdated building shader)

35112 changed bone weights on low setting to 4; this is the build we have at the moment, as of right now.

35110 merged from branch

35109 Removed unneeded Marmoset SKY textures

35108 ExosuitTorpedoArm and ExosuitClawArm fixes and improvements

35107 Translation files update. Legacy database update.

35106 Removed old demo timer mechanism (brought in a huge texture); nice!

35105 Removed obsolete NewHUD scene; more optimization

35104 Improved accuracy of the RAM in the AssetStatsWindow

35101 Fixes for ExosuitTorpedoArmModule

35100 Merging in improvements to intro PDA texts; like this!

35099 IExosuitArm cooldown overrides

35097 lava larva WIP; nice!

35095 Translation files update. Legacy database update.
    Now, trello...

New Card added, Aurora Tasks; the following items are of particular interest:

Wires on welding panel for the new doors are not animated; so we're going to be using the Welder a lot more, it seems.

Back arrow on code screen only works when all 4 digits are entered in; and there's going to be somewhere where we'll need to enter a code to progress, possibly found in a PDA. Sweet!

Some work is happining with the Fabricator.

We'll be able to keep track of our ammunition in the Seamoth and Exosuit!

Vyacheslav Sedovich added World Temperature editing for LDs to To Do 18 minutes ago
    edited July 2016
    35159 revamping lava pit tunnel

35157 First iteration

35156 This is the build we're on now, no check-in log!

35155 fixed the left hand target for laser cutter or scottT

35154 /main/lost_river_hanging_plant fixes

35153 fixed the left hand target for laser cutter or scottT

35152 Cleanup.

35151 Exosuit quickslots and cooldowns hooked up. Exosuit torpedo arm properly implemented. Fixed player ejecting from seamoth / exosuit when another seamoth / exosuit is destroyed. Other fixes and improvements.

35150 Cleanup.

35146 'exclusive or' logic for handling button down and button held input events

35145 Changed ID tag for weldablepanel protocontract to not conflict with main

35144 Precursor_cube_01-03

35137 Added counting enumerator.

35136 Improved unit tests.

35134 Update to color mask for exosuit

35133 Fixed player ejecting from seamoth / exosuit when another seamoth / exosuit is destroyed. Fixed ExosuitTorpedoArm keeps playing shot animation (when holding the button) even after depleting ammunition.

35132 Fixes for various bugs with key codes, fire extinguisher, and doors

35131 New pickup sound hooks for Simon. Integrated ancient Fabricator and Workbench variable building time (needs some bugs fixed still); what the hell is this?

35130 Fixed hook.

35128 Removed debug code

35127 Fix in Handtarget for Workbench/Fabricator save/load

35126 Added child id to Workbench and Fabricator for save/load. Added profiling to CraftData in case string manip becomes a problem

35125 Deleted empty directory

35124 Translation files update. Legacy database update.

35123 More texture streaming deletions

35122 Nuked obsolete texture streaming system from orbit; it's the only way to be sure...
  • ScienceNeko3ScienceNeko3 The Netherlands Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219689Members
    35131 New pickup sound hooks for Simon. Integrated ancient Fabricator and Workbench variable building time (needs some bugs fixed still); what the hell is this?

Simon is the Subnautica sound engineer I believe.

http://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/author/simon/

https://m.facebook.com/subnautica/photos/pb.720171391332327.-2207520000.1465293690./1217559288260199/?type=3

So basically the programmers require new sounds to be inserted by him at certain points in the game.

The integration of a variable building time into both the ancient fabricator and workbench (both available to the player) might be as simple as; its old equipment. It works, but it has its own will after being rusty and neglected for so long. So it produces at slower and unpredictable rates.

Simon is the Subnautica sound engineer I believe.

http://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/author/simon/

https://m.facebook.com/subnautica/photos/pb.720171391332327.-2207520000.1465293690./1217559288260199/?type=3

So basically the programmers require new sounds to be inserted by him at certain points in the game.

The integration of a variable building time into both the ancient fabricator and workbench (both available to the player) might be as simple as; its old equipment. It works, but it has its own will after being rusty and neglected for so long. So it produces at slower and unpredictable rates.

I meant the "Ancient Fabricator and Workbench"; that! That's going to be cool!
    Nothing on the Trello, but this stood out on the Checkins...

35180 2016-07-24 11:47:19 Tom Jubert Checking in biome goals PDA VO
  • HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members
    Whatcha think it could be?