The Epic Trello Thread

Comments

• Calarand77Calarand77 lurking in general forums Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211786Members
    edited June 2016
    Criticism is all fine, but only if it is constructive AND if you know when to stop, just saying...

Back on topic - again - I wonder if those giant, root-like things could have something to do with that humongous tree I've seen in Lost River concept art:
    4vbn7ctran15.png
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    What I didn't have time to come back and post yesterday was similar to Calarand's comment...I don't have time to play through every new update and pick out the changes. I doubt I would have noticed the changes such as reflections, etc. I appreciate Coranth's nitpicky OCD observational skills which make me further appreciate what the devs have accomplished.

I also don't personally care how many threads, what they're called, etc. But sure, I suppose one thread makes sense. I've always found Coranth's contributions here to be worth the time it takes to read them.
    Coranth, I am appalled at your truly negligent oversight regarding the Baby Sea Emperor. You fight to mention that they're MAKING IT CUUUUUUUTE! Forgetting the most important cuteness aspect...geez...you feeling ok?
  • joni65joni65 Kansas Join Date: 2016-06-19 Member: 218763Members
    I am having trouble understanding why someone who hates a thread so much, spends so much time reading it ... But hey ... what do I know? (looking at you Lobster) :o

@yomama I totally want to cuddle with that baby Sea Emperor ... maybe ...

I have not seen any mention here (it might be in an older thread) of the upcoming Sea Dragon Leviathan which will apparently have the capability of just swallowing us whole while we sit inside of our sea moths! HELLO!? This place isn't scary as hell enough already?!

Quote from Wikia

"Alternatively, the Sea Dragon Leviathan grab the Seamoth with its hands, and shove it inside its mouth, regardless if the player is in or not."

Link to page:
    http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Sea_Dragon_Leviathan

I am planning the "sea moth spike ball protection armor upgrade" (tm) in me head as I type this!
    Cos it's mama didn't teach it proper dining etiquette...
    yomama wrote: »
    Cos it's mama didn't teach it proper dining etiquette...
    @yomama I think it needs a new mama ... it's mama should be yomama. By yomama I don't mean yo mama, I mean yomama ... ... ... :s

• CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    edited June 2016
    Just got home; nothing really interesting tonight, folks.

The Card "Builder, Scanner should use battery" has been moved from "Doing" to "To Do"; IMHO they might backlog this and leave things as is???

A new Card, "Fix / Improve gamepad equipment navigation" has been made; maybe navigating through the PDA/Inventory with a Gamepad is slow or buggy and needs a fix? I won't link this one as there's nothing of interest on the card itself. Update: This Card is done!

As I said, not much, but they're chipping away at it all...
    Coranth, I am appalled at your truly negligent oversight regarding the Baby Sea Emperor. You fight to mention that they're MAKING IT CUUUUUUUTE! Forgetting the most important cuteness aspect...geez...you feeling ok?

"Here Sea Emperor! Here boy!"

***CHOMP***

"Rats... it... wasn't... the.... cute.... on.... *gurgle-glub-glub-glub*
  • HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members
    Imagine if you could ride the baby Sea-Emperor into battle with a Sea Dragon :tongue:
  • Rooks_NemesisRooks_Nemesis Ontario Join Date: 2016-06-11 Member: 218388Members

Coranth wrote: »
    Trello Bites: They're gearing up for XBOX Update 1 on June 16; there's an "Update Website"

Thanks for this Coranth it completely slipped passed me. I thought I scoured this page and trello for more info on the Xbox one update.. I do it almost religiously lol that card must have been just before I learned of trello.

Again thanks !

HYBRID1313 wrote: »
    Imagine if you could ride the baby Sea-Emperor into battle with a Sea Dragon :tongue:
    I think the Sea Dragon would just pop theM both into its mouth like a couple of chicken nuggets and be merrily on its way
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    So any idea if we'll get a PC update in June? Or are they focusing solely on getting XBox up to where PC is?
    Tell y'all what, I'm absolutely tickled to see all the whiz-bang neato (that's one of them technology terms, so I'm told) stuff the fine folks at UWE are adding rapid fire over the last week or so.
    edited June 2016
    Trello Bite: Just now I've spotted a new Card called Propulsion Cannon Ammo on the Activity Feed that has some interesting scraps on it!
    Sidchicken wrote: »
    So any idea if we'll get a PC update in June? Or are they focusing solely on getting XBox up to where PC is?

Unsure about this. Remember, nothing on the Trello can be taken as absolute. The XBOX One Update was meant for June 16 but that day has passed. The Card is 70% done, though.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    edited June 2016
    Its hard to tell when the next update will be, as its gonna be a huge one that will really change the gameplay. anyone that tried the Exosuit lately knows how much more fun it is to play the game with it. Personally, its to the point that i have a hard time to appreciate the game as much as i did without it now.

The Exosuit, the new compartment in the aurora housing it and a much reworked Inactive/Active Lava Zone will be something major! As with all past huge update, i want them to take their time and deliver us something well made that you feel they took their time to ''polish'' rather than urge something out for the sake of not missing some kind of deadline :smiley:
    edited June 2016
    The Card "Builder, Scanner should use battery" has been moved from "To Do" back to "Doing"; so they are going to do this one, I think. Additionally a Card, "Scanner tool should use batteries" was Archived, as it's a duplicate.

Update: Oh, crap. It's done. No more free Building, Scanning, and Terraforming. Wow. This may add a whole new dynamic to how the game is played, as we'll have to prioritize what we build and scan until we can build the Battery Chargers...

Update 2: Not in-game, yet, but I'm banking it'll be in the next build we get.

Makes you think about Scan Time vs Battery Power as well as Build Time vs Battery Power, too... wow. To think such a small thing might have a tremendous impact on how we play! "I know what I want to build but what do I need to?" "Do I have enough power stored in my current battery to build/scan X or should I leave it for Y until I get another?" Stuff like this. Damn...

Additionally, the Card, "Update Website - June Update" is done; this is for XBOX Update 1

"Trello is love. Trello is life. Trello is Subnautica. Or Subnautica is Trello. It is Zen."
    Huge 228 MB Update coming down right now; my bet is all this awesome incoming!
  • LeonDOGELeonDOGE France Join Date: 2016-01-16 Member: 211525Members
    lost_river_cove_tree_01_02.jpg
    Damn, the Cove Tree~
  • LeonDOGELeonDOGE France Join Date: 2016-01-16 Member: 211525Members
    Calarand77 wrote: »
    Criticism is all fine, but only if it is constructive AND if you know when to stop, just saying...

Back on topic - again - I wonder if those giant, root-like things could have something to do with that humongous tree I've seen in Lost River concept art:
    4vbn7ctran15.png

Wrong artwork.
    latest?cb=20160526224206
    edited June 2016
    Just checked--it's in game, now, in experimental: The Scanner, Builder, and Terraformer now need batteries. Prioritize what you scan and build until you get the Battery Charger. Addendum: Scanner doesn't use much battery power at all, neither does the builder I'm betting.

Update: Having trouble moving about the wrecks; seem to be getting stuck against invisible things. Laser-cutting sealed doors is wonky again. Look for doors in wrecks that have green lights; not properly implemented; when you click on them they slide up instead of properly opening.

3vutndrdmjc9.jpg

Update: Another game update, 51MB this time, comes down after playing just now! Devs have fires lit under their arses!
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    my game DL'ed that 228mb update sooner and now after reloading the game it just updated again for roughly 51mb more :smiley:
    Rainstorm wrote: »
    my game DL'ed that 228mb update sooner and now after reloading the game it just updated again for roughly 51mb more :smiley:

Yep! Awesome to see all this stuff happening in real time / right under our noses!
    It's like they have a deadline they're trying to meet...
    edited June 2016
    It's like they have a deadline they're trying to meet...

[sarcasm]I know, right! How cool is that?[/sarcasm] "I looked into its Deadline. And I wanted to be there..."
    In my head I just heard my son say "Your mom has a deadline" from when he went through that phase...
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    edited June 2016
    https://trello.com/c/0EqJI9RW/5731-multipurpose-room-shouldn-t-be-available-right-away

Oooh boy, that's reminding me of how I had to live with just corridors and etc for my base for a while when that bug popped up preventing certain components (Scanner Room, MultiPurpose, etc) from being built.
    I suppose it'd be converted into something we have to find and scan, perhaps the ones from the Floater Island bases like the Living Wall, Observatory, and so forth currently are.