Sync invalid collision rep

CLARK_KENTCLARK_KENT Vancouver, Canada Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9508Members, Reinforced - Silver
r6y4pmb2ldqa.jpg

I am constantly getting hit registration issues related to "Error: Attempting to sync an invalid collision rep!"

During engagements, it doesn't feel like I'm micro-freezing or anything like that. It's more a feeling of when one red-plugs, but you can still move around, so it takes a little bit before you realize that anything is even wrong. So, it feels like more of a micro-red plug or a "lag death" of sorts -- it feels like I'm "dying around corners" more than usual since the latest builds from the past 2 months.

I only notice it because I think I've killed my target (via feeling with the right amount of bullets/melees landing), but next thing I know, I'm dead. Then I'll pull up my console and see the error.

On a possibly related note, I am red-plugging more than usual. But I don't think the red-plug symbol shows up during these particular engagement scenarios.

I tried searching, but couldn't find anything concrete related to this. Might someone be able to point me as to what I should perhaps be looking into? Or why this might happen, even just theoretically? Thanks!

Comments

• DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    edited June 2016
    MainThread : Error : Attempting to sync an invalid collision rep! (Has something to do with the network protocal and the spectator not yet being synced with the
    person you start to spectate upon death.)

Aka its not your problem. :)
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    If you have any way to record footage like shadowplay or obs, and your issue is reliably reproduced

Type net_stats in the console and then record until you get a few examples where you feel it red plugs (whether it actually does or not)
    Then link us to the video to watch.

On a related note: we've previously had a person report hit reg issues surrounding that error, but we were never able to track it down or reproduce it ourselves.
    I mean, I can reliably reproduce hit reg issues all day, but they still are not correlated with that error, so? *shrug*

I have a feeling that the error is just benign / a coincidence.. but that you are experiencing network issues that are negatively impacting hit registration.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    It is benign and unrelated @Ironhorse.
    I myself was quite sure it was related and poked some devs in the server ops channel about it a good while ago. (combined with PM spam and steam chat)
    Its not related. (or if it is related ive yet to produce results)