New Solar Panels Icon

sr1bphwgug6n.jpg

New Icons for Battery Charger and Power Cell

wd1145ru302c.jpg

5vo1s95k8cg9.jpg

Awesomesauce!

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    Now we just need a new icon and redesign for the Power Transmitter.
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    starkaos wrote: »

... only for a Sandshark to dislodge said Transmitter and then you lose power to your base. Should've installed those back up Solar Panels before going to Thermal... :smile:
    Coranth wrote: »

... only for a Sandshark to dislodge said Transmitter and then you lose power to your base. Should've installed those back up Solar Panels before going to Thermal... :smile:

Unfortunately, Solar Panels are extremely limited in where they work. Building a base 500 meters below sea level and Solar Panels are useless.
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
  • ErgossErgoss KY Join Date: 2016-03-02 Member: 213722Members
    I've always wondered about the energy-storage functions of the different generators. If you have the 4 different power generators in one base and you're at max power, and you drain off a few hundred power - which gets depleted first? Maybe there's already a page I haven't found; but I would hope the most renewable (thermal>solar>bio>nuclear) would be depleted before the least.
  • eastofdeatheastofdeath usa Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213559Members
    Ergoss wrote: »
    I've always wondered about the energy-storage functions of the different generators. If you have the 4 different power generators in one base and you're at max power, and you drain off a few hundred power - which gets depleted first? Maybe there's already a page I haven't found; but I would hope the most renewable (thermal>solar>bio>nuclear) would be depleted before the least.

I seems to me that the Bio-reactor is used 1st.
    In a base that has 3 power generator for a total of 800 units
    1st installed was the solar panels
    2nd was one Bioreactor,
    3rd was one Nuclear Reactor.

The Bioreactor goes down 1st from what I see, then the solar and my Nuclear Reactor never gets used. I charge the seamoth, both Battery Charger and one water filtration machine.
    I was thinking of removing the Bioreactor and see what happens with the non-used Nuclear Reactor.
  • MrRoarkeMrRoarke Join Date: 2016-05-16 Member: 216830Members
    I've kindof felt like it was proximity-based. I'd have to test it out, but it seems like the closest energy source is used first. A bioreactor set right on your foundation would be used before solar panels on the reef beside your base, before a thermal reactor two transmitters away at the vent.

For a larger base, it may even be proximity to the appliance using the juice. If you've got solar panels on top of your moon pool, and a bioreactor 15 hallway segments away next to your fabricator, which one depletes when you use either asset?

Thoughts?

J
  • SansTheSkelebroSansTheSkelebro Italy Join Date: 2016-04-27 Member: 216071Members

The power transmitter is probably gonna be removed in the future

The power transmitter is probably gonna be removed in the future

Seriously doubt that. Unless the Thermal Reactors have a 500 meter or more range, then lots of players won't use them. Players want to build their base where they want it not because it is close to geothermal vents or lava geysers.