Snap-to-Grid or Wall... PLEASE!

CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
Devs, please give us the ability to perfectly 'snap'-align items to a grid or up against walls. I really don't like the positioning of my small research aquariums...

5gnk6arhzubn.jpg

... or, what about small round aquariums or 'tube' aquariums, please?

Comments

• PokcoroPokcoro Australia Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214412Members
    Here's an idea: Aquariums that can be placed on walls of the habitat. They form a sort of window with fish in there.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    Pokcoro wrote: »
    Here's an idea: Aquariums that can be placed on walls of the habitat. They form a sort of window with fish in there.

Like this?

HLHuKM7.png
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    That would be awesome!
  • Victor32Victor32 Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215181Members
    If it's like in any other game with base/home/etc-building system, snap to grid would most likely kill the complete placement freedom that we're currently enjoying. Right now, if I want to turn that bed exactly 17,5 degrees clockwise, I can. Having a grid would prevent that, limiting me to only the angles the grid covers. Snapping to grid as an option activated by - let's say - holding a shift key while placing an item, would be perfect, however, and I would also welcome simple snapping to wall with wide open arms.
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    That's what I'm talking about!
  • NeskahNeskah United States of America Join Date: 2015-05-15 Member: 204513Members
    Victor32 wrote: »
    If it's like in any other game with base/home/etc-building system, snap to grid would most likely kill the complete placement freedom that we're currently enjoying. Right now, if I want to turn that bed exactly 17,5 degrees clockwise, I can. Having a grid would prevent that, limiting me to only the angles the grid covers. Snapping to grid as an option activated by - let's say - holding a shift key while placing an item, would be perfect, however, and I would also welcome simple snapping to wall with wide open arms.

I do agree with this, but I would also like to see an OPTIONAL snap-to grid system. If they could somehow let you toggle between perfect alignment with an object and absolutely free placement, I'd like it a lot. Most of my stuff is very mildly crooked and it bothers me somewhat, given the futuristic, clean look of the bases and Cyclops. Though if they did have to remove the free-placement system in change for a snap-to grid I would prefer the free-placement system.