Base/Cyclops Addition Ideas

PokcoroPokcoro Australia Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214412Members
In making a seabase I felt there were some things that were rather lacking. Here are a few. They aren't in any real order, since I just brought in more as I thought of them.

1) Creature cages; if aquatic and surface plants can be placed inside and outside under the right conditions, I feel like animals should too. So, outdoor cages to contain creatures in would be a nice addition.

2) Wall-Plants; Surface plants that can be planted directly onto living walls, and external living walls that you can place tree mushrooms, tree leaches, and coral onto.

3) Base Stairs; units of the base that act as stair cases from one level to another, to give an alternative to ladders. It would be 1/2/3 (take your pick) units in length and raise/lower by one height unit. It could be straight, L-Shaped, T-Shaped, or X-Shaped, with several configurations of the bunch. Also stairs that go from one floor of a large room to another. On land these could even be outside the sea base, going from the ground to platforms/foundations/corridors/rooms, or between rooms and such.

4) Small aquatic plant planters; kinda like a plant pot, only watertight for indoor use, and can be maybe drained for harvesting. Or, change small aquariums to house sea plants inside them, though then harvesting would become an issue.

5) Mid-Sized Aquariums; Something with 16 slots to place up to 16 fish or 16 plants or any mix, or eight slots for plants plus eight slots for fish. Some small thing that gives enough room in the cyclops to have the larger fish and grow aquatic plants.

6) Retrieval Cameras for the scanner room; kinda self-explanatory I suppose. Camera addition that gives them a 2x2 inventory and a way to pick stuff up. They'd either be expensive or have little range/hp/energy. Could also maybe be used for harvesting harmful things like acid mushrooms and deep shrooms, because those hurt.

7) Platforms; basically foundations but the player can place base components through them.

8) Floor and ceiling windows for Multipurpose rooms; It'd take 3/4 glass due to it's larger size, maybe enameled glass, but would basically just replace the floor or ceiling of a multipurpose room with a window. Would be very cool to have something like that poking out of the surface of the water to see the stars, or position the rooms over deep areas and look down below.

9) A solar power module for the cyclops; Would have to be very slow for balancing, or very expensive, so that even with the power efficiency module you'd have to keep the cyclops still for a while to have any real effect.

10) Aquarium tubing; I like the idea of having little glass tubes around the edges of a seabase or cyclops that the fish can swim through, rather than a simple aquarium in just one place.

11) Functional desks; make the desk and chair actually do something more than decoration, like using the desk to look at all your storage and power and route it around, and make the chairs rotate so we can get into the chair without it having to be at least 1m away from the desk.

12) Glass bottomed Corridors; Basically just like ordinary glass corridors except the bottom is transparent instead of the top. In the same vein, I feel like glass corridors as they are should have titanium in their cost.

13) Glass T and X corridors; just like glass corridors, but the tops and open sides are glass.

PS) While not an addition, it would be nice if multipurpose rooms and moon pools didn't clear out a big square block around them when they're constructed. Would become very important if terraforming is removed.

Comments

• PokcoroPokcoro Australia Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214412Members
    Extra: Aquariums/interim rooms between inside and outside, something that goes on the wall of the base like a window or reinforcement but that can house fish in it and can be seen through.

As well as that, a large version that is like an observatory or an option to flood the observatory and put an indoor planter in it to grow sea life.
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    I NEED ALL OF THIS STUFF!!!!!!!
  • A55A55INA55A55IN Tennessee Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217360Members
    I think it would be awesome if they added a terrium and a large terrium for if and when they add land creatures.
  • SalynSalyn Winnipeg Join Date: 2016-05-28 Member: 217654Members
    It'd be neat if they made it so you can dock a camera drone onto your cyclops, and then control it via your cyclops' camera system. Would be great when moving with your cyclops cause you can use the drone for caves without needing a new scanner room.
  • PokcoroPokcoro Australia Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214412Members
    I think a terrarium might be a little unnecessary, since land creatures on a water world are quite unlikely, and the plants can simply be placed inside with pots. A camera dock on the cyclops is an awesome idea though! As well as a sonar for the big guy.