Oh, WOW!

CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
Solar_Panel_in_game.jpg
New Solar Panels are GO!

Also, here's a nibble on the "Exosuit Player Rig"; I assume this is the 'skeleton' on which the model(s) or texture(s) sit?:

Colin Knueppel: "This ballooned and evolved. I rebuilt an older version of the rig due to some odd and broken rigging that crept in over time. I rebuilt some structures present in newer version of the rig onto this older version, and then started working on redoing the arms so that both sides could have either attachment.

However, mid-task I found out that arms were going to be treated like player items system wise, which meant they needed to export separately and in relation to an attach point. To save on resources we also wanted the ability to mirror arms, so rather than a left and right arm, we'd just have an arm.

I have since detached and rerigged the arms to be more universal. The right arm has a mirroring function that makes it so that it can be animated normally, but will export as a mirrored reflection, so that when it plays on an inversely scaled arm it will play correctly. This way we can animate arms normally for walks but also inherit animation from the left arm for use animation.

All done. Working on implementation. If issues arise I'll create a new card."

Comments