Xbox 1 Game froze arrrrrggghhh

mrsnutnut77mrsnutnut77 Uk Join Date: 2016-05-25 Member: 217460Members
edited May 2016 in Subnautica on Consoles
Was really enjoying the game as a new user of subnautica was familiarising myself with everything and despite the game freezing now n then and the odd item stuck mid air was happy enough. ......until the game froze resulting in me losing ....my built stasis rifle and fragments. Diamonds, laser cutter, moon pool fragments, terraformer fragment, power fragments and many discovered species and materials I found. I understand that this is a preview game and brought it because I was impressed with the idea of it being underwater etc so I was major gutted that all the time I spent getting the parts in what is a limited game version for now had vanished. Is there anyway the game makers can replace any of these things or even the fragments ???? Dnt think I can do the searching alot of them again. :'(

Comments

• mrsnutnut77mrsnutnut77 Uk Join Date: 2016-05-25 Member: 217460Members
    Pleaaase help I am new at this I don't even know where to find the items I lost n bound to get munched by them biter things etc
  • Mini_GaaraMini_Gaara England Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217049Members
    Firstly, you can get all of those things back if you are willing to use the console commands, holding down LB, RB, A together, ( or button mash LB, RB, A, B, X, Y. ) You can find all the commands on the Subnautica wiki. http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Debug_Console_Commands

Secondly, you will need to get into the habit of saving regularly due to this being a preview game in case this happens again to save you the hassle.

Thirdly, just in case you don't know, when the update comes you should expect all your saves to be wiped due to needing a new fresh world for the updated additions.
    Thankyou for the info. If the saves are wiped am I right in thinking I will have to start again anyway?
    Thankyou for the info. If the saves are wiped am I right in thinking I will have to start again anyway?

If the update requires saves being wiped to add more content, then yeah, you will start all over again from the Aurora crash.
  • FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment San Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    Ah, sorry about that. It's preview so we certainly have bugs. But that doesn't make it less painful when they happen.

Those console commands can help you. But also, we probably won't ever need to wipe save games (we haven't yet on the PC so we don't want to on console either).
    Thank you so much. Least I can carryon with out feeling it's pointless !
    Flayra wrote: »
    Ah, sorry about that. It's preview so we certainly have bugs. But that doesn't make it less painful when they happen.

Those console commands can help you. But also, we probably won't ever need to wipe save games (we haven't yet on the PC so we don't want to on console either).

Oh is that so? I was under the impression that pc users in the past have had to start new worlds to get some of the updated content, was I misinformed? Then again I suppose that is not the same as "wiping" so if that is the case I need to change how I phrase things :P