Cannot launch Subnautica normally, always is VR

AzirphaeliAzirphaeli USA Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217144Members
So since VR mode is unplayable due to the item transfer bug, I figured I'd fire up my save and make progress normally. Except.. the game refuses to launch in anything but VR, even if I choose simply "Play Game" in steam instead of choosing "Play in Other VR Mode."

There's no in game option to switch between the two for some reason, so there's literally no way for me to play this.

Comments

• weasel47weasel47 Pennsylvania Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217060Members
    edited May 2016
    I had the same issues with my Oculus Rift, but I figured out how to get past them.
    If you're using the Rift:
    You should be able to move and drop items with your right mouse button (while using your face to aim still).
    To play in non-VR mode, you need to stop the OVR service completely first. I only needed to switch to non-VR when I wanted to build a sub.
    If you're using Vive, I'm not sure.
  • AzirphaeliAzirphaeli USA Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217144Members
    Thanks for the workaround, that's good to know.
  • OculusLouOculusLou Canada Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217605Members
    Thanks as well I will turn off the service to finally build a sub, I did figure out the right mouse button part. How about walking is that as slow for you in VR? Such game stopping bugs to be left for so long. Poor VR needs more love :)
  • weasel47weasel47 Pennsylvania Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217060Members
    Walking is slow, yes. I try to build my bases so I don't need to walk too much.
  • TheBasementNerdTheBasementNerd Join Date: 2016-11-09 Member: 223769Members
    I made an account because I figured out the issue. When VR starts up (this is with Steam VR at least) go to the status window that shows all connected devices and go to settings, then Developer options, and there's a check box for "Start VR when an application starts" uncheck that box