Have you continued the terraforming mission?

IvanKeskaIvanKeska US Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207202Members
Simple question have you continued the mission of transforming the world, so mankind can form a colony and conquer this barbaric planet.

Me, I'm soon going to reshape the mountain biome or the shallows into a large above water land mass. Then build foundations over the ground and construct a small colony village. And of course i'll wipe out all the creatures in the area unless i can capture and farm them. Might also try to remove Floater island, since all that land is wasted on those creatures which will die and drag the island down with their corpses. Simply put I will reshape this primitive world and lay the foundation of which mankind will thrive off of.

Comments

• AncoliusAncolius Nederland Join Date: 2015-02-01 Member: 201148Members
    You better hurry then, the teraformer is going to be removed in the next or the update after that one.
  • IvanKeskaIvanKeska US Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207202Members
    Ancolius wrote: »
    You better hurry then, the teraformer is going to be removed in the next or the update after that one.

really, why?
  • AncoliusAncolius Nederland Join Date: 2015-02-01 Member: 201148Members
    The main reason is that changing terrain causes very large savegames there are some other reasons as well mentioned in an other thread.
  • Victor32Victor32 Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215181Members
    Another reason - one we ALL should be glad about - is that once terrain editing is blocked, the terrain won't take forever to spawn when you enter a new area or load a saved game.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    I'll miss the way the terrain deforms to accommodate your base. It allowed for some very nice looking designs.
  • DefectiveDelfinDefectiveDelfin Planet earth Join Date: 2015-07-19 Member: 206262Members
    edited May 2016
    Well,terraforming is the old version if the story.The current iteration of the Aurora's mission is to set up a phasegate and rescue the degasi survivors.The new encyclopedia logs in experimental show that Alterra sent their newest ship with several guests on it (the mongols) to set up a phasegate which would take a few months.

The terraformer is going to be removed in order to increase the performance of the console editions and make the PC version run smoothly.Supposedly,it will help with the terrain popping and other issues causing lag.Though it was an extremely interesting and fun mechanic and i am sad to see it go,im sure it will make the game much better in the ling run,with optimizations and such.
  • ech0gh0stech0gh0st CA Join Date: 2016-05-11 Member: 216637Members
    Im happy i made my own island before terraforming removal ;)
  • ech0gh0stech0gh0st CA Join Date: 2016-05-11 Member: 216637Members
    Victor32 wrote: »
    Another reason - one we ALL should be glad about - is that once terrain editing is blocked, the terrain won't take forever to spawn when you enter a new area or load a saved game.

I play on a terrible mac and it dosent take that long to load terrain at all
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    They changed the story AGAIN?

Well, I suppose it makes all of those previously nonsensical arguments about how you are not here to damage the planet make a bit more sense.