Would like to give something back to the ocean...

CowamundoCowamundo Netherlands Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217455Members
Hi there,

After playing the game for some hours now I am really missing something, a way to give something back to the ocean! :blush:

As a man of nature I really love to see a blooming and colorful sea around my base but at this moment it's pretty much empty! :neutral:

All the tubes, (table)coral, creep vines, shrooms and other plants are gone in a large area around my base because I needed them for crafting.

Now I have found the grow-beds that you can use to re-plant some of these things BUT:
  • You can't plant everything inside these grow-beds.
  • It looks ugly having all these beds laying around the ocean floor.
  • All the plants stay small instead of growing into their normal size like the massive creep vine plants.

What i would love to see is to be able to plant the seeds into the normal seabed and let plants grow where you want them to grow and to let them grow to their maximal size especially creep vines!

What also would work is to let players gather different plant seeds in a specific biome and make like a ... biome coral reef seed out of them, planting the seed somewhere in the specific biome would grow a small-medium or large coral patch with random plants belonging to that biome and spawning some new fish (also belonging to that biome) around it.

I don't mind giving up the whole terra-forming "digging" option to be able to do this as long as the world is generated randomly every game so it is not the same every time.

Hopefully more people would love to see this and the devs will really plan on putting something like this into the game!!

Thanks!

Comments

• DagonDagon Earth Join Date: 2016-03-21 Member: 214648Members
    I do agree that there should be a way to grow back coral.
  • AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
    Re-seeder drone?

Build a robot base to gradually deconstruct the aurora, filter away contaminants and allow a regrowing of the crash zone?
  • ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    Avimimus wrote: »
    Re-seeder drone?

Build a robot base to gradually deconstruct the aurora, filter away contaminants and allow a regrowing of the crash zone?

The Re-seeder drone sounds nice. I always liked the idea of a possibility to "respawn" resources so that you do NOT farm entire biomes empty for the rest of the game. Having an automated drone working to kinda "refill" a biome with all you took from it would be nice.

In most survival games I know of, resources keep respawning which I would really like to see in Subnautica too. At least as an option to turn on or off during the start of a new game or something along those lines.