Passive tanks and oxygen changes.

igottapi4igottapi4 US Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217419Members
Just please dont. While its great that passive tanks are being put back for those that want that option, I think its completely unfair to change the oxygen time as well. It was great with just one tank and the time it gave but now with the current change it went from 165 secs with just one high capacity tank, to 135 sec with a high capacity tank and a passive normal tank. I didnt even try with two high capacity tanks since my point is that now we are forced to have a passive tank to get a fair amount of time.

Passive tanks should be a choice for those that want it, not something forced on players that were more than happy with just one. Please change the oxygen back to what it was.

Comments

• TaiphozTaiphoz UK Join Date: 2016-01-01 Member: 210749Members
    Rather than passive tanks why not give us the ability to upgrade the tank we have more, Divers use two tank setups so why don't we ?
  • DchicoteDchicote Germany Join Date: 2015-05-26 Member: 204901Members
    Taiphoz wrote: »
    Rather than passive tanks why not give us the ability to upgrade the tank we have more, Divers use two tank setups so why don't we ?

Its a Science Fiction Scenario ? Maybe far in the future ...

• AstromancerAstromancer Texas Join Date: 2016-05-13 Member: 216713Members
    I like the idea of upgradable tanks.
  • ErgossErgoss KY Join Date: 2016-03-02 Member: 213722Members
    I actually liked the single equipped tank method. It seemed to make my plasteel tank usefully fast, and if i wanted an extended dive then I could swap them out when one emptied. Would have been nice to color-code them or something so I could tell which tank was the used/empty one one, so instead I stuck with one plasteel and one extended-capacity so the size would distinguish them. The only change I might have made is maybe weighting the oxygen charge placing more in the tank so that when I swapped I wasn't already seeming to be running low. I also liked the 105s charge on default tanks and 165s on enhanced - I felt that was a good amount of time to be able to get some stuff done. Maybe do a one-tank system with constructable recharge units?
  • igottapi4igottapi4 US Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217419Members
    Ergoss wrote: »
    I actually liked the single equipped tank method. It seemed to make my plasteel tank usefully fast, and if i wanted an extended dive then I could swap them out when one emptied. Would have been nice to color-code them or something so I could tell which tank was the used/empty one one, so instead I stuck with one plasteel and one extended-capacity so the size would distinguish them. The only change I might have made is maybe weighting the oxygen charge placing more in the tank so that when I swapped I wasn't already seeming to be running low. I also liked the 105s charge on default tanks and 165s on enhanced - I felt that was a good amount of time to be able to get some stuff done. Maybe do a one-tank system with constructable recharge units?

I so agree that those times were perfect. Now we have 75 with a normal tank and 105 with high capacity. Honestly if space wasnt an issue I wouldnt mind but its already so hard with the limited one we have and all the things we have to take when we go exploring.

Right now Im playing with my sisters game since I was waiting for the 1st of June to buy it for myself but Im gonna wait to see if they do implement lower oxygen times before buying. This change is a game breaker for me.
  • AncoliusAncolius Nederland Join Date: 2015-02-01 Member: 201148Members
    Air and space shouldn't be a problem if you use the right equipment for where you want to go to.

Shallows just about anything will do.
    Around 100m get a speed boost and a rebreather
    Below 120 use high cap tank best is 1 or 2, rebreather, seaglide and the seamoth so you don't need to surface.
    The seaglide neglects the speed penalty for the high cap tank's

When building a base use palsteel tanks
  • PBSF_PendragonPBSF_Pendragon UK Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217427Members
    can somebody explain to an xbox noob what the difference is between these?
  • AncoliusAncolius Nederland Join Date: 2015-02-01 Member: 201148Members
    edited May 2016
    You have the normal tank, then you have the other two special tanks you need the modification station for, one is the palsteel one what is lighter and smaller then the normal and has a bit less air (last time I checked) it saves inventory space and has a speed bonus over the other two.
    Then you have the high cap what is a bit larger has more air but a speed penalty.
  • ZourinZourin White Castle Join Date: 2015-02-27 Member: 201577Members
    edited May 2016
    Ancolius wrote: »
    You have the normal tank, then you have the other two special tanks you need the modification station for, one is the palsteel one what is lighter and smaller then the normal and has a bit less air (last time I checked) it saves inventory space and has a speed bonus over the other two.
    Then you have the high cap what is a bit larger has more air but a speed penalty.

The plasteel tank has the same capacity as a standard tank, but impedes your swim speed a lot less. The high capacity tank has 2x the air for the same drag.

The issue is largely that even a single high capacity tank is supposed to be +120 seconds (on top of a 'natural' capacity of 45 for a total of 165 seconds), which can be a frustratingly short tether to an exploration game, forcing you into a fairly short radius around an oxygen source. You'd need the last 30 seconds or more for a return trip or die and permenantly delete everything you picked up since the last time you left a sea base or escape pod. Operating with at least 2 tanks has been fairly normal for gameplay since the title came out.
  • hmcivhmciv TX Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216033Members
    Since the game has no simulation of the bends, or actual time it takes to refill an air tank, I'll take the trade off. :)
  • bwc153bwc153 Shawnee, KS, US Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213659Members
    hmciv wrote: »
    Since the game has no simulation of the bends, or actual time it takes to refill an air tank, I'll take the trade off. :)

There is simulation of the bends - it just requires a console command. It's also, expectedly, not a finished feature. No one knows for certain, besides the devs of course, whether this is just an experiment or if this will be added to the game eventually in some form.
  • ech0gh0stech0gh0st CA Join Date: 2016-05-11 Member: 216637Members
    at least O2 tanks dont take up 4 slots anymore and you can just make a large one