Seriously... are you people NUTS?!

CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members

Comments

• ShiruxriuShiruxriu Seattle Join Date: 2016-04-27 Member: 216065Members
    That is awesome but terrifying, one reaper leviathan, and it all comes toppling down.
  • AstromancerAstromancer Texas Join Date: 2016-05-13 Member: 216713Members
    I need to build this now to assert my control over this world.
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    edited May 2016
    looks interesting. Nothing to do with nuts, just someone expecting to find survivors who want some space, too. If you need, lets say 4-6 Rooms to have anything you need, once you finished em, did you ever gave a thought about what others you might rescue need?

Edit: 2nd Thought: Hm, whoever build it didn`t seem to think much of more survivors, seeing not many rooms. Putting em all into tubes, ah well... . xD

3rd thought: Why ain`t there fucking showers and toilets (Bathroom stuff) ingame? Playing it so long and now first time this crossed my mind. oO
    Kitchens seem to be obsolete in the future too. ^^
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    Hm...that base is on the small side. Extend it downwards to 1,000 metres and then we'll talk. And fill it with lockers.
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    Without massive reinforcement that... thing... is a mass-flood waiting to happen!
  • Phoenix223Phoenix223 Chicago Join Date: 2016-02-18 Member: 213174Members
    Oh man alive... that monstrosity will melt my RAM.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    I swear to God, them crazy kidz in Creative mode will be the end of meh! :dizzy:

jokes aside, that tower looks freakin badass! :smiley:
  • ech0gh0stech0gh0st CA Join Date: 2016-05-11 Member: 216637Members
  • Victor32Victor32 Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215181Members
    I can't help but wonder about framerate in this place. From personal experience I know that if I build a base even half that big, I won't be able to get more than 10 FPS while inside it. And I do have a somewhat beastly rig.
  • ErgossErgoss KY Join Date: 2016-03-02 Member: 213722Members
    edited May 2016
    I did something comparable (but rooms predominated rather than corridors, like 176 of them). But it melted my RAM. Mine was in survival, though. Loaded up my sub with 68 lockers to cart all the materials.

Ah, here's the pic:
    6cfpfkwds9x8.jpg

ark2.jpg 131.6K
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Subnautican Illuminati confirmed.
  • PBSF_PendragonPBSF_Pendragon UK Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217427Members
    edited May 2016

3rd thought: Why ain`t there **** showers and toilets (Bathroom stuff) ingame? Playing it so long and now first time this crossed my mind. oO

does nobody else just go in their swimsuit? I just go in my swimsuit...
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Coranth wrote: »
    wgvjpg2rdhic.jpg
    I... I don't even...

I'm gonna fetch my laser cutter and cut this Aurora to pieces to finance myself all these titanium palaces.
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    edited May 2016

3rd thought: Why ain`t there **** showers and toilets (Bathroom stuff) ingame? Playing it so long and now first time this crossed my mind. oO

does nobody else just go in their swimsuit? I just go in my swimsuit...

For Kitchen purposes? xD
    Ok, serious: Yeah there`s that moisture swimsuit that I use too, BUT do you really prefer always using a suit you sh.it and piss in rather than having a Bathroom with a shower/tube to clean up?

Wtf, sh.it is censored here?
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    Everything is censored here. This is like little kiddie forums! No guns, no swearing!

(Not trying to hate, just an observation)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    sayerulz wrote: »
    Everything is censored here. This is like little kiddie forums! No guns, no swearing!

(Not trying to hate, just an observation)

Poopyhead :D
  • PBSF_PendragonPBSF_Pendragon UK Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217427Members
    Ok, serious: Yeah there`s that moisture swimsuit that I use too, BUT do you really prefer always using a suit you sh.it and piss in rather than having a Bathroom with a shower/tube to clean up?

I crafted a bum flap in mine so I can go poopy in a cave toilet I found nearby

• Victor32Victor32 Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215181Members
    All joking aside, some bathroom and toilet items for our bases are very much needed. They don't have to have fancy animations or any actual functionality at all (and most certainly no one expects the devs to suddenly come up with pooping mechanics for the player character) they just need to BE there. For realism/immersion purposes, if nothing else.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    edited May 2016
    I am glad that swearing is not allowed here. 1) We get kids on this forum 2) Swearing just shows a lack of adequate vocabulary. Swearing isn't big, it's not clever and it certainly does not make me think you're hard. :smile:
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    edited May 2016
    Myrm wrote: »
    I am glad that swearing is not allowed here. 1) We get kids on this forum 2) Swearing just shows a lack of adequate vocabulary. Swearing isn't big, it's not clever and it certainly does not make me think you're hard. :smile:

Whatttchu Tolkien abut you **** **** ******* **** , gotta prublam vith mah vockabulorie uh? :smiley:
    edited May 2016
    Victor32 wrote: »
    All joking aside, some bathroom and toilet items for our bases are very much needed. They don't have to have fancy animations or any actual functionality at all (and most certainly no one expects the devs to suddenly come up with pooping mechanics for the player character) they just need to BE there. For realism/immersion purposes, if nothing else.

I know quite some games where people do not seem to have these issues/problems we 2 are arguing about. xD
    Maybe in these game realities humanity mutated that away ;-P
  • sayerulzsayerulz oregon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203493Members
    Victor32 wrote: »

I know quite some games where people do not seem to have these issues/problems we 2 are arguing about. xD
    Maybe in these game realities humanity mutated that away ;-P

I don't think that that's possible.....
    .... and still, there`s nothing in these games that adresses those "urgencies", like in subnautica.
  • hmcivhmciv TX Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216033Members

I crafted a bum flap in mine so I can go poopy in a cave toilet I found nearby

I tried that in one of the giant pink mushrooms. There was a crabsnake. :/

• SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    I'm glad we don't have to deal with it. I mean, sure it's realistic... but no. Just no.