Scanner room changes

PrimozGPrimozG Slowenia Join Date: 2016-04-04 Member: 215333Members
Hi

I like the concept of a scanner room BUT!

I would like to see some radar posts (i dont know the word for it) - Something you can build to widen the scan area (so you dont have to build multiple scanner rooms)

Also i want to pick from a list what i want to search for (fauna, flora, metals, etc) and not just see a couple of options that are there.

what do you think?

Comments

• BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    Sounds like you want some Scanner Repeater Nodes.

If properly implemented, these items could be used like navigation beacons or to create a highly detailed map of the world.
    Probably best to not have these repeaters show up on the main HUD like normal beacons, as it would increase the amount of visual clutter and probably drop the FPS as well. Ideally, beacons should also show their range relative to The Survivor's position.
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    Agreed. The scanner room is pretty useless at the moment.
  • ReefseekerReefseeker Finland Join Date: 2015-05-21 Member: 204740Members
    Was gonna suggest the same thing myself before I saw this thread.

I thought maybe it could be implemented as a feature/upgrade to a camera bot, so the scan would originate from the camera bot wherever its located.
  • PrimozGPrimozG Slowenia Join Date: 2016-04-04 Member: 215333Members
    Reefseeker wrote: »
    Was gonna suggest the same thing myself before I saw this thread.

I thought maybe it could be implemented as a feature/upgrade to a camera bot, so the scan would originate from the camera bot wherever its located.

The cam bots are totaly useless ATM... They should be able to mine for the materials you are searching for and maybe have 1, 2 or max 4 slots
  • SenneraSennera Texas Join Date: 2015-07-07 Member: 206043Members
    Cam bots are situational, not useless. If you build a scanner room in the jelly shroom caves you can scout out for danger without putting yourself in danger.

Also I think the scanner room upgrades are still bugged and not working as intended.
  • DyteDyte FRANCE Join Date: 2016-05-29 Member: 217693Members
    well i was about to post a similar thing and i've seen this thread!!!

My idea was to bring a additional blueprint or upgrade in the scanner room:

1_ A sonar mapping dive suit or update of one making it able to map your surroundinds as you swim -50 meters-

2_ The same for the glides and subs -50 meters seaglide and 80~90 after upgrade / 250 meters for seamoth and 500 for cyclops-

To exclude frame dropping it is only for mapping and don't require battery (except for sub) but raw materials [gold/ silver/ copper/ lithium/ magnesium or magnetite] three or four of this list, plus a battery for the sub. It work as you swim or move underwater that all !!!!

• CHATALOTCHATALOT Join Date: 2016-05-29 Member: 217696Members
    Dyte wrote: »
    well i was about to post a similar thing and i've seen this thread!!!

My idea was to bring a additional blueprint or upgrade in the scanner room:

1_ A sonar mapping dive suit or update of one making it able to map your surroundinds as you swim -50 meters-

2_ The same for the glides and subs -50 meters seaglide and 80~90 after upgrade / 250 meters for seamoth and 500 for cyclops-

To exclude frame dropping it is only for mapping and don't require battery (except for sub) but raw materials [gold/ silver/ copper/ lithium/ magnesium or magnetite] three or four of this list, plus a battery for the sub. It work as you swim or move underwater that all !!!!

I think that is good enough to have it's own post go on!!
  • VincentNZVincentNZ Germany Join Date: 2016-05-31 Member: 217829Members
    Yeah the scanner room needs to be greatly improves. Lighting up resources in your HUD would be cool, maybe with wired outline around them would be cool.

A sonar map would be cool as well where you could zoom in and out. As somebody stated before you would need to travel through the biome with the seaglide, or with the Sonar from the seamoth in order to have it updated. You could also then download the curren version on your PDA to navigate.

Beacons and/or the camera drones could be used for triangulation as well. The possitbilities are endless, really. Just a question on how much work it would mean to implement them.
  • DyteDyte FRANCE Join Date: 2016-05-29 Member: 217693Members
    I know you said it is not in a good place for my thinking of a sonar map making item but a sonar is a scanning like technology and for the change in the scanner room, i can not talk too much because im playing on XB1 and i got some bug just before i do it, forcing me to restart my game, So, Read you later guys! ;P