About those battery chargers...

TanallTanall Key West, FL Join Date: 2014-10-25 Member: 199113Members
So, apparently they are done and finished and in the code, and have been for a week, according to Trello. But, still no sign of them.

This makes me sad. I really wanted to use the Cyclops without running the world out of copper.

Comments

• yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    I they were holding then back from experimental build to release in the machine update because they know how bad we want them...
  • TanallTanall Key West, FL Join Date: 2014-10-25 Member: 199113Members
    Except the Machine Update has been released. No sign of them still.
  • XaryenXaryen Join Date: 2016-04-30 Member: 216196Members
    Don't think they are completed, what you can see in Trello marked as "done" is just the models. They wouldn't be functional.
  • tickeratickera Australia Join Date: 2016-05-06 Member: 216399Members
    Same with sea treaders and the lost river ;-;
    Oh. Rats. I haven't gotten the new update, thanks for the heads up. You'd think that would be included in this update...
  • failhelmfailhelm USA, CA Join Date: 2016-04-30 Member: 216181Members
    No battery chargers? So sad, but I would rather them finish them than get a rushed job (see KOTOR II)
  • nzg41nzg41 america Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215167Members
    failhelm wrote: »
    No battery chargers? So sad, but I would rather them finish them than get a rushed job (see KOTOR II)

at least kotar II had a begining middle and end, but yes on that note that was sloppy, at least unknown worlds doesnt ahve the presure of a publisher over their heads right?
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Trello roadmap didn't even mark the recharging stations as finished and they will be in the next update I think. So I guess all cyclop fans will have to keep fabricating power cells like hell.
  • ExentenzedExentenzed Norway Join Date: 2016-01-26 Member: 212122Members
    edited May 2016
    Awesome, when i heard they wheren't in the machinery update, i was hoping you would make a point to focus on them for the next update. The new update, whilst very interesting, is not something i want to spend time on without the chargers. So i'm glad to hear chargers will be focused upon for the next update. :smiley: On the flipside, when the next update comes, i will be able to get a first playtrough with both the content of the Machinery update and whatever shows up with the next one. So that should be a great playtrough. :blush:

Edit: Just out of curiosity, if you do read this Squeal. Since you're allready refactoring the power system code, is there any other benefits that you forsee will come out of that apart from getting the chargers to work with it?
    Really appreciate an explanation on the rechargers, which were what I was most looking forward to in the update. I assumed the Trellp card being moved to done meant they were all the way done. Oh well, next update.
  • MetacomMetacom Tacoma, Washington Join Date: 2016-04-27 Member: 216076Members
    This was THE thing I was waiting for. Feels like Christmas has been called off.
    I was purposely NOT building a Cyclops in my current game until this expected upgrade came out.
    Taking a break from this game for awhile I think. 80 hours of Subnautica (or any game) in a month is ALOT anyway.
    When the Cyclops charger is implemented, I'll be back playing.
  • rudyeckertrudyeckert Join Date: 2012-11-27 Member: 173444Members
    yea the machinery update could have been only the cell charger and it would have been a worthwhile release. It was the single most important thing and it got left out :(... everything else is just garnishment. I feel like I have been served garlic and onions with no steak
  • BuuunBuuun My lonely base underwater on a unknown planet... Join Date: 2016-04-03 Member: 215272Members
    The Machinery Update was indeed a good one, so many things has been fixed and new stuff has been added. Did I mention the performance improvements??
  • ExentenzedExentenzed Norway Join Date: 2016-01-26 Member: 212122Members
    Oh, there is a decent performance improvement aswell? Thats always welcome. :smiley:
  • Alex_INFERNOAlex_INFERNO Russia, Moscow Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214036Members
    As I understand Seamoth depth compensator "Mark 1" means that will be "Mark 2" and so on..?

And what about all theese new things (manipulator, Grey Bag, biohazard container, coffee machine, forklift) ?

• Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    As I understand Seamoth depth compensator "Mark 1" means that will be "Mark 2" and so on..?

And what about all theese new things (manipulator, Grey Bag, biohazard container, coffee machine, forklift) ?
    When you have the Mark 1 you can use the modification station to turn it into a Mark 2 and Mark 3.

Those new assets you mentioned are mainly just detail props to add interest to the wrecks. But we'll probably allow the player to pick up some of the smaller ones, and maybe scan /craft a few as well, though they would just be for cosmetic purposes to decorate your base, no actual gameplay attached.
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members

When you have the Mark 1 you can use the modification station to turn it into a Mark 2 and Mark 3.

Those new assets you mentioned are mainly just detail props to add interest to the wrecks. But we'll probably allow the player to pick up some of the smaller ones, and maybe scan /craft a few as well, though they would just be for cosmetic purposes to decorate your base, no actual gameplay attached.

Doesn`t work for the Cyclops upgrade, the modding station doesn`t accept the crafted compression module.
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    Doesn`t work for the Cyclops upgrade, the modding station doesn`t accept the crafted compression module.
    Yeah, that's a bug. It is setup to work that way, but for some reason it isn't currently. We'll look into it
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    Yeah, that's a bug. It is setup to work that way, but for some reason it isn't currently. We'll look into it

Whooo, fast response, maybe I`m lucky enough to get one more ;)

Will multiple Cyclops modules expand the depth further, or will it get something similar to mark2 and 3 seamoth? Gotta admit since I can`t craft it I don`t know how far down the Cyclops can go with it and if you need more then. ^^
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members

Whooo, fast response, maybe I`m lucky enough to get one more ;)

Will multiple Cyclops modules expand the depth further, or will it get something similar to mark2 and 3 seamoth? Gotta admit since I can`t craft it I don`t know how far down the Cyclops can go with it and if you need more then. ^^

The mod station cyclops pressure upgrade (I think ultra hull reinforcement) allows a depth of 1500m. These modules don't stack. This was changed with ScottT's depth and cyclops rework. That's about the depth of the sea emperor prison and if I look at the map down there and the roadmap I don't think it can go deeper. Not until 1.0 release. There were plans for going deeper, but I imagine them being cut due to the problems. The game map itself covers rock down to 3000m.

I hope for a 1.0 success that allows the devs to extend their work after release.
  • Alex_INFERNOAlex_INFERNO Russia, Moscow Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214036Members
    edited May 2016

Ok I'll try... When i find this device inside Aurora i thought that NOW ALL upgrade modules will hiding inside the wrecks in same consoles for seamoth and for Cyclop - but nope... (it can be a good reason to investigate wrecks for upgrades IMHO)

About assets - manipulator can be usefull in seamoth or in drones... maybe...
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members

Great, I thought that the seamoth depth module was changed somehow.

Do they still stack? And I assume that mark 2 and 3 allow for 400 and 500 dive depth per module respectively.
  • sky_wijayasky_wijaya indonesia Join Date: 2016-05-09 Member: 216540Members

sir that bug because there 2 "cyclops pressure compensator blueprint" (i use bobthebuilder)
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=681296533

old (plasteel ingot)
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=681296639

new (plasteel ingot + aluminum oxide)
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=681296584

maybe modding station using the old blueprint, not new blueprint
  • Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    re: Stacking Pressure Compensators - I had heard in another thread that no, pressure compensators no longer stack. So your Seamoth will have ONE Compensator, but apparently a Mk 3 can let your Seamoth go safely to 900m
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    Kyman201 wrote: »
    re: Stacking Pressure Compensators - I had heard in another thread that no, pressure compensators no longer stack. So your Seamoth will have ONE Compensator, but apparently a Mk 3 can let your Seamoth go safely to 900m

Oh, okay.

As I said, they might introduce ultra depth compensators for the seamoth to go with the cyclops
  • Calarand77Calarand77 lurking in general forums Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211786Members
    edited May 2016
    I know it's off-topic here, but the ability to craft some purely cosmetic props would be a dream come true for me, and all my fellow base decorators out there. The more, the better. Building a base and making it look like an inhabited, lived-in space is a wonderful refresher and a change of pace after trying to survive in the depths - it actually adds hours of gameplay for some of us. Just saying...

Calarand77 wrote: »
    I know it's off-topic here, but the ability to craft some purely cosmetic props would be a dream come true for me, and all my fellow base decorators out there. The more, the better. Building a base and making it look like an inhabited, lived-in space is a wonderful refresher and a change of pace after trying to survive in the depths - it actually adds hours of gameplay for some of us. Just saying...

Was once even in the Trello "Add Tons of craftable stuff" similar like that the Topic was in Trello.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members

Cory confirmed to me on DISCORD that the Bedroom Props are due to hit Live ''soon''. He of course could not specify more as to when exactly is ''soon'' but im betting maybe next update, at least i hope so :smiley:
  • JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
    Rainstorm wrote: »

Cory confirmed to me on DISCORD that the Bedroom Props are due to hit Live ''soon''. He of course could not specify more as to when exactly is ''soon'' but im betting maybe next update, at least i hope so :smiley:

I'm really hoping they add a fatigue or sleep meter for survival. Then add things like stims (drug, and coffee like drink) to help you stay up =D