MACHINERY UPDATE IS OUT

dargan012dargan012 Hungary Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214957Members
Please tell me your thoughts about this new update i think its one of the coolest updates that subnautica ever released

EDIT: Here's the link about the new things in the update http://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/machinery-update/

Comments

• MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    I'm downloading it now. Unusual to be released on a Friday, but I'm glad it was as I am not working this weekend! w00t! :smiley:
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    I have to get to a wifi hotspot...As soon as they're done working on my truck, there's one 2 miles up the road...
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Why can I now only have a maximum of 105 seconds of air?
  • After_MidnightAfter_Midnight Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215890Members
    Should be 165 with one upgraded o2 tank
    Look at y'all, playing with the new toys...while I'm stuck here getting my truck worked on without internet access...
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    I'm running 32392 and the scanner room range upgrades still don't work. Let's just forget zoom and rotate for the holomap, but at least the range extension should work. At least for a stable big update. So I guess the stable machine update will get a patch soon.
  • failhelmfailhelm USA, CA Join Date: 2016-04-30 Member: 216181Members
    I am looking forward to this update. I only bought the game last month.

I heard the dev's recommend starting new games on major releases.

Is it true, is a new game recommended or required?
    failhelm wrote: »
    I am looking forward to this update. I only bought the game last month.

I heard the dev's recommend starting new games on major releases.

Is it true, is a new game recommended or required?

A new game is strongly recommended as tech and recipes changed and other things. You could try running with an old, but not really recommended.
    edited May 2016
    ....and the lockers in the cyclops...ugh. smaller than a regular wall locker. I know y'all have hashed out the "logical reasons" why these being such a piddly waste of space is a good thing, but...

I don't care what the reasons are. For me, this is going to be that one silly, un-awesome thing about the game. I think the tiny lockers is a dumb idea, but I'll build big floor lockers in front of them which fits my play style, and keep enjoying the game.

edited May 2016
    yomama wrote: »
    ....and the lockers in the cyclops...ugh. smaller than a regular wall locker. I know y'all have hashed out the "logical reasons" why these being such a piddly waste of space is a good thing, but...

I don't care what the reasons are. For me, this is going to be that one silly, un-awesome thing about the game. I think the tiny lockers is a dumb idea, but I'll build big floor lockers in front of them which fits my play style, and keep enjoying the game.

There are no "logical" reasons for these lockers (the inventory is already busting any logic). There are only balancing reasons. If they make the cyclops lockers too big no one will build their own lockers and just use the builtin cyclops lockers.

I wish we could "upgrade" tiny lockers with the builder tool (just like reinforcing walls or turning walls into windows). I would even upgrade lockers if they'd cost 5 plasteel and enameled glass for a single upgrade to 6x8 space.
    I am that person who hates tiny inventory management. I'm a complete Bag of Holding junkie...although I really don't mind the balancing of limited space on the player and seamoth. I'd have been perfectly happy had those goofy lockers been the size of a normal wall locker. Heck, I might have just built floor lockers there anyhow.

My playing style has been to almost always exit the cyclops via the Seamoth, so the equipment storage for me is on the upper deck. Lower deck lockers are overflow of common minerals. I pretty much didn't use a base, cyclops was my mobile base

They've added SO MUCH cool base stuff since I actually played as opposed to dinking around in creative mode that when I play on survival again I'll almost certainly build many bases.

Right now I almost don't want to seriously play and see everything because I want to experience things when the game is done...although I couldn't resist porting to the blood kelp area after the update...NICE...