Possibly leaked image of the final sized Sea Emperor?

LeonDOGELeonDOGE France Join Date: 2016-01-16 Member: 211525Members
'nuff said. But....
gRiWrvw.png
Holy shit, it is going to be HUGE!

Comments

• After_MidnightAfter_Midnight Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215890Members
    This is the size like IT should be :-)
  • Mr357Mr357 Join Date: 2015-03-31 Member: 202777Members
    Do we know yet where it's going to be found? Lost River is the only biome that makes sense to me.
  • LeonDOGELeonDOGE France Join Date: 2016-01-16 Member: 211525Members
    Mr357 wrote: »
    Do we know yet where it's going to be found? Lost River is the only biome that makes sense to me.

I think he'd be held captive in the Prison area of the Active Lava Zone.
  • XaryenXaryen Join Date: 2016-04-30 Member: 216196Members
    There's now a cave system in the Lava castle and it leads to a huge empty area inside. Could be there.
  • YamawildYamawild quebec Join Date: 2016-02-27 Member: 213551Members
    No, it's not enough. Bigger please, BIGGER! >:D
    Yamawild wrote: »
    No, it's not enough. Bigger please, BIGGER! >:D

Nopenopenopenopenope....
    Like, in this pic, its flippers alone are already many many times bigger than the Cyclops... oh boy, if it ever gets bigger...
  • Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    Not sure what the scale is-

*Pauses, squints, realizes that that mass of pixels and blue in the forward left is the CYCLOPS*

... Eep
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    Was thinking the same thing...
    So, apparently size *DOES* matter... ;P
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    Beautiful. No longer will the cyclops be an impenetrable fortress to hide inside when faced with a threat. That emperor could probably eat the cyclops if it wanted.
  • ShuryCZShuryCZ Czech Republic Join Date: 2015-07-07 Member: 206047Members
    I'm like... Alright, that's big... Actually, that is cylops? Ok, he is ridiculously big, I like it :D

But what is the source of this picture? That is my question.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    edited May 2016
    I think there will only be 1 imprisoned sea emperor. He will be found at
    a prison at the great sea of lava at about 1500m depths below the lava castle, possibly heavily guarded by some kind of precursor cannons that could destroy subs like the cyclops.

As there is only 1, I'm personally more interested in the size of the sea dragons, because these leviathans will be more numerous and be far more important for gameplay than a potential end game only play with the emperor.

My most important concerns with the sea emperor though are the tentacle animations that have to get much better to make that creature awesome. Even the standart moving animations aren't well right now and should get improved. The attack animations are even more complicated. Like the reaper grabbing the seamoth or the player, the sea dragon needs that kind of animations too. But the sea dragon ones will be even more difficult than the reaper ones and looking how long it took to get the reaper halfway right, I fear the sea dragon animation and physics improvements will take a lot of time.

The sizes:
    • The end game sea emperor can be that big, he is marked as non agressive and might not need much interactive animations. Maybe a cinematic sequence.
    • The sea dragons should be slightly bigger than the cyclops, be able to kill reapers and destroy an undefended cyclops. That's my main concern and wish.

Forgot the sound:
    I think it's impressive and important. To hear a beast long before you can see it adds an important level of fear and awe to it.

Interaction whish:
    • You should first hear the roar, then the other creatures around you flee in panic, then some time nothing, until ...
    • The sea dragon should grab the player and seamoth with both hands like the reaper, but it should be an instant kill.
    • The sea dragon should ram the cyclops to damage and breach it and knock it off its course.
    • The sea dragon should react to light, motion and sound. Putting the cyclops into silent mode with lights off should allow avoiding a sea dragon.
    • The sea dragon should get attracted to sonar pings and thus make the sonar a balanced tradeoff between good sight and dragon attacks. It would also allow to function as a sight gating and better cyclops vision.
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    I'm glad he's not a psycho like the reaper or we'd be in trouble
    Agree with zeta on animations making or breaking...
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    edited May 2016
  • YamawildYamawild quebec Join Date: 2016-02-27 Member: 213551Members
    edited May 2016

''Travel in a biome, driving your cyclop. All is silent and peaceful. You love playing Subnautica. Then the wall to your right start moving... It isn't a wall. *Heart attack*
  • DefectiveDelfinDefectiveDelfin Planet earth Join Date: 2015-07-19 Member: 206262Members
    Yep thats the final size.This picture isnt leaked though,it was a screenshot taken by someone during a devstream.

And yes that was the planned size all along
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    1. Hear distressed, frightened, Sea Emperor.
    2. Locate.
    3. Free Sea Emperor
    4. -Telepathy burst-/"Thank you..."
    5. Gain coolest ally ever!
    Yep thats the final size.This picture isnt leaked though,it was a screenshot taken by someone during a devstream.

And yes that was the planned size all along

Thanks for letting me know about this, awesome news right there. ;-)
    I genuinely am excited for this upcoming Leviathan~
  • Freeman79Freeman79 Sweden Join Date: 2015-09-22 Member: 208093Members
    If its imprissoned, is it so wise to release it, I might just end up on he's "release-hungry-meny" :lol:
  • Freeman79Freeman79 Sweden Join Date: 2015-09-22 Member: 208093Members
    edited May 2016
    If its imprisoned, is it so wise to release it, I might just end up on he's "long-sleep-release-hunger" menu :lol:
    Telepathy burst "mmmm red jelly filling"

OMNOMNOMNOM

Im with Freeman...maybe letting the giant thing loose isn't the "best idea ever"...

Unless of course you say "HEY Y'ALL WATCH THIS" first.

Then everything will be fine.
  • SonyaDyanaSonyaDyana Perdido Bay Join Date: 2016-04-09 Member: 215562Members
    Like zetachron's interactive wishes numbers 4 and 5 ... laughed at yomama's "mmmm red jelly filling", which is far more likely the thought of such a beast ... (g)
  • Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    yomama wrote: »
    Unless of course you say "HEY Y'ALL WATCH THIS" first.

Then everything will be fine.

"Hey, hold my distilled engine hooch. This'll be hysterical."