New DRONE

deaths185deaths185 USA Join Date: 2016-05-02 Member: 216277Members
edited May 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
I think we need another drone in this game. Which would be AI controlled, the scout drone is pretty cool But.... How about adding a different type drone, like a universal drone. The universal drone for example wouldn't just pick up everything randomly. You would have to tag item with a tagging gun so that the drone would pick up the resource. But here's the catch the drone has a battery and can only last so long before it has to recharge at base for sometime. Which would display on the hud.-After u craft the attachment to monitor it- Then there's another catch since the drone is called a universal drone. You would have to craft each tool you want the drone to use. For example if you want the drone get vines you have to equip it with a knife, or if you want get some ore you have to have mining arm equipped.

Here and example of what i think the drone should look like marvin-washington-wip-03.jpg?1451749977

Comments

• TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    We now have the drones which are launched from the scanner room, which can be used as scouts.
  • CaricaCarica US Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214970Members
    was just thinking about this right before I read this. not to keen on the oxygen getting drones, but the scavenging drones would be a good idea....
    upgrade module for the scanner room.... turn 1 drone per module into a scavenger to pick up any item just lying on the ground and return it to the scanner room for pickup. only works in relation to the scanner room... drone will return to closest scanner room. Player still needs to go out to hit the limestone/sandstone outcrops.
    would also love to be able to use the drones from the scanner room to scan different types of stuff.
    and a module to have drones chase and capture small fish or pick up eggs.
    and another module to go out and tag creatures to keep a track on them... ie tag the leviathan reaper to know where NOT to go. or when it's safe to venture around into his area and not be seen by it.
  • deaths185deaths185 USA Join Date: 2016-05-02 Member: 216277Members