Natural Gear Solid 3: Chair Eater

NominousNominous Baltimore, MD Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146518Members
edited May 2016 in NS2 General Discussion

Comments

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Tunnels in enemy base = Best tunnels.

Some builds of discovery are/were notorious for that :D
    This also works greatly on veil - if you can manage to sneak behind that wall in reception, and there's no Proto Lab there.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    This also works greatly on veil - if you can manage to sneak behind that wall in reception, and there's no Proto Lab there.
    I don't know what this says about TGNS, but we see those sneaky veil and biodome tunnels in the back of marine base fairly often.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Nordic wrote: »
    I don't know what this says about TGNS, but we see those sneaky veil and biodome tunnels in the back of marine base fairly often.

It says that you guys suck at covering your bases ;)
    (Or obs placement)
    (Or failing that, looking at your map)

:P
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    @Wyzcrak is easily one of the best Marine Comms I've ever known - amazingly fun games with him at the helm. Seems he's a pretty sneaky sneaky Skulk too!
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    My base... ruined. Forgot to rebuild reception obs so the beacon went to falls lol. Do you have the full video for this round it was a good one?
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Fear and Loathing in LV-426
  • WyzcrakWyzcrak Pot Pie Aficionado Join Date: 2002-12-04 Member: 10447Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    That exclamation point (and accompanying Metal Gear sound) over the Command Station is just gold. Haha.
  • NominousNominous Baltimore, MD Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146518Members
    edited May 2016
    aeroripper wrote: »
    My base... ruined. Forgot to rebuild reception obs so the beacon went to falls lol. Do you have the full video for this round it was a good one?
    Happens to the best of us. :) I'm rendering the full video now and it will be uploaded in an hour or two it's uploaded here. Wish I had a better CPU because a quad core without HT takes like 50 minutes to render a 30-minute long video.
    Wyzcrak wrote: »
    That exclamation point (and accompanying Metal Gear sound) over the Command Station is just gold. Haha.
    Can't have a Metal Gear parody without that. B)
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    aeroripper wrote: »

I was thinking, beaconing to falls might have been the right idea anyway. With everything they had at reception you wouldn't have been able to kill them or stop the rush even with a successful beacon.

Beacon falls, recycle reception, build ips/arms lab if you don't already have them at falls, maybe rush a base or prepare to counter the follow-through. That's about the best you can do in that situation. Of course, it would be better to catch and stop the skulk/gorge/tunnel before the rush actually gets into full swing.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Beacon falls, recycle reception, build ips/arms lab if you don't already have them at falls, maybe rush a base or prepare to counter the follow-through. That's about the best you can do in that situation. Of course, it would be better to catch and stop the skulk/gorge/tunnel before the rush actually gets into full swing.

Yeah good point about falls/recycling reception, that would have been the call. Was scanning often around reception since we successfully stopped a sneaky gorge tunnel once or twice already in the game due to the game being stalemated. I think I spotted the skulk in canopy at one point but dismissed it as a serious threat overlooking my missing obs in base. A great play for aliens in exploiting that weakness.
  • WyzcrakWyzcrak Pot Pie Aficionado Join Date: 2002-12-04 Member: 10447Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I had no intention of being a "serious threat" until Brian told me that Reception had no observatory, right as I was just idling in Canopy. So it was a great example of shared intel winning the day.