Upcoming updates and saves

LeoBrok3nLeoBrok3n Join Date: 2013-12-21 Member: 190454Members
I recognize that an early release game is subject to save wipes, but I'm curious to know if one is anticipated with the upcoming machinery update.

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited April 2016
    LeoBrok3n wrote: »
    I recognize that an early release game is subject to save wipes, but I'm curious to know if one is anticipated with the upcoming machinery update.

Well the usual thing which happens is, with the devs constantly adding new areas and modifying existing areas from time to time as well. You could expect to get some odd inconsistency with your save file world geometry and the new updated world geometry. And perhaps potential missing content, as in the new stuff won't spawn... Other that perhaps performance issues for "removed areas/items" still present in your save file, potentially causing memory leaks or crashes.

^ This would be the ULTIMATE worst case scenario of course and is probably contained to the "new areas"
  • DefectiveDelfinDefectiveDelfin Planet earth Join Date: 2015-07-19 Member: 206262Members
    Yup.Unless you've built in the new areas,your base probably shouldn't be affected as with all updates.

Now since the update is updating the Reactors,id probably recomend removing them a bit before the update launches because many unforseen problems could happen with the reactors being placed outside when they are supposed to be inside.

Other than that,all your stuff should be fine.