Promoting My Lets Plays/Discoveries/Farm builds In Subnautica

mrjreapersmrjreapers Ireland Join Date: 2016-04-20 Member: 216012Members
edited December 2016 in Subnautica General Discussion
Hey all mrjreapers here., Just a Irish gamer promoting my lets play of Subnautica.

Any Ideas suggestions welcome.

Here is the link to the Playlist:

If this is in the wrong place admins feel free to move it.

Comments

• InfecteddInfectedd Denmark Join Date: 2016-04-19 Member: 215947Members
    It seems like you made a good video, but I genrally don't think this would be the place to promote it.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    i liked the first episode. i dont know if theres a more suited section on the forums for youtube channels tho
  • mrjreapersmrjreapers Ireland Join Date: 2016-04-20 Member: 216012Members
    Rainstorm wrote: »
    i liked the first episode. i dont know if theres a more suited section on the forums for youtube channels tho

Thanks for the feedback and for liking the first episode of my subnautica playthrough.
    edited April 2016
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ENa0-JcoMhM&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • DefectiveDelfinDefectiveDelfin Planet earth Join Date: 2015-07-19 Member: 206262Members
    MrJreapers,i dont think disagreeing with someone because they dont think this is the correct place to post your youtube channel is alright.

You can promote in the forums so you should be ok but i think its common courtesy to not disagree with someone because they dont share your same view if they arent being aggresive about it.

Anyways,good luck for your series.
  • Space_JesusSpace_Jesus Join Date: 2013-02-01 Member: 182732Members
    Yeah, that's extremely rude.
    edited April 2016
    MrJreapers,i dont think disagreeing with someone because they dont think this is the correct place to post your youtube channel is alright.

You can promote in the forums so you should be ok but i think its common courtesy to not disagree with someone because they dont share your same view if they arent being aggresive about it.

Anyways,good luck for your series.

So i am not allowed to express my own opinion on this forum..?? Interesting But thanks for wishing me luck with my series. And fyi Sgt_Sass diagree'd with my very first post.
    Yeah, that's extremely rude.

So because I disagree with someones opinion i am been extremely rude... I honestly don't know what to say about that.
    Building a Outpost. Feedback is appreciated and welcomed

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/89QXmryxT5s&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Yeah man, stop being so rude @mrjreapers by disagreeing with nonsensical statements heheheh :tongue: These lads here fail to realize, opinions are bound to annoy someone somewhere out there, that is the beauty of freedom of speech. Some people get so annoyed about that little "disagree" icon, it's just so ridiculous

Also, this is very much so the best place in these here forums to promote your channel, I mean, where else are you gonna go besides the General Subnautica section to promote your Subnautica content?
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Yeah man, stop being so rude @mrjreapers by disagreeing with nonsensical statements heheheh :tongue: These lads here fail to realize, opinions are bound to annoy someone somewhere out there, that is the beauty of freedom of speech. Some people get so annoyed about that little "disagree" icon, it's just so ridiculous

Also, this is very much so the best place in these here forums to promote your channel, I mean, where else are you gonna go besides the General Subnautica section to promote your Subnautica content?

Lool actually i was just looking at your sig could i possibly borrow your flamethrower tank, so i could drive up and down the street shouting it at the top of my lungs., 'Watch my lets play of Subnautica'. Thanks :smiley:

And i am still waiting on some feedback from my episodes.
  • DefectiveDelfinDefectiveDelfin Planet earth Join Date: 2015-07-19 Member: 206262Members
    edited April 2016
    Disagreeing leaves a permanent mark on someone's profile,so most people only disagree if the person is being rude.We aren't trying to stop opinions.In fact,i disagree with you,but i dont use the disagree button.

Also,what i said wasn't a nonsensical statement.In fact,i agreed that you should promote your channel in the forums.I only told you that disagreeing with someone when they aren't doing anything wrong makes you look bad.
  • After_MidnightAfter_Midnight Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215890Members
    edited April 2016
    Disagreeing leaves a permanent mark on someone's profile,so most people only disagree if the person is being rude.We aren't trying to stop opinions.In fact,i disagree with you,but i dont use the disagree button.

Also,what i said wasn't a nonsensical statement.In fact,i agreed that you should promote your channel in the forums.I only told you that disagreeing with someone when they aren't doing anything wrong makes you look bad.

Childish.....

And you use the diagree button for my post here:
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2281848/#Comment_2281848

so don't teach others. (BTW: Its hard to stay politically correct to guys like you)

edited April 2016
    Disagreeing leaves a permanent mark on someone's profile,so most people only disagree if the person is being rude.We aren't trying to stop opinions.In fact,i disagree with you,but i don't use the disagree button.

Hmm Makes me look bad, This post was about a Subnautica Series/lets play i am currently working on on my channel. Now you are starting to become very childish, as Kouji_San said "its just so ridiculous". If I choose to use those agree/disagree icons I will, so please do me a favor if you have no ideas or tips or suggestions on my series to share which I am willing to listen to/read. Then please take your nonsense somewhere else.

Childish.....

And you use the diagree button for my post here:
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2281848/#Comment_2281848

so don't teach others.

And it appears I am not the only one you are starting to annoy.
    Dear mrjreapers: PLEASE hit the agree button for my post you've quoted. It will look soooooooo much better in my profil. It will change my whole life.
    THX in advance ;)
    edited April 2016
    @ After_Midnight no worries as i am in complete agreement with your post. And for anyone that is reading this and is interested I will be sharing the link to my latest episode later on tonight.
    mrjreapers wrote: »
    @ After_Midnight no worries as i am in complete agreement with your post. And for anyone that is reading this and is interested I will be sharing the link to my latest episode later on tonight.

Thank you. You really pimp up my profile and save my life. ;)

BTW: The most dislikes I've earn by: DefectiveDelfin. Exacly this guy. Just for the record.

Also I would try to review your: Lets play Subnautica after seeing your latest episode :)
    @ After_Midnight thank you appreciate that any feedback good/bad will help me improve anyways here is the latest episode.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rw5aGlK4b6Y&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Some people's feelings are more easily bruised than others :smiley: i see little point in going into an all out war of arguments over trivial things like for instance, where to post what things where lol

@DefectiveDelfin likes to argue, alot. I mean its ok to have opinions and liking to express them but sometimes it feels like arguing just for the sake of it kinda tends to get on everyone's nerves :wink:

Back on topic, gj on the series @mrjreapers i like your lets play!
    @ Rainstorm
    Thanks for the support on the series, any and all feedback is welcome, be it good/bad it will only help me take steps to improve.

I am just having fun making some vids, playing games that i enjoy. And Subnautica brings me back to the days when i use to breath tropical fish as a hobby.
    edited April 2016
    Delete this.Using phones really mess up posts XD
    edited April 2016
    Rainstorm wrote: »

@DefectiveDelfin likes to argue, alot. I mean its ok to have opinions and liking to express them but sometimes it feels like arguing just for the sake of it kinda tends to get on everyone's nerves :wink:

:( i think ive left quite the impression with the aurora falls incident.I'd like to clear things up,i don't like to argue and im not pollitically correct.My feelings dont grt hurt when people disagree with me,i just dont like disagreeing with people who just have different opinions.

Also @After_Midnight i disagreed because you were literally arguing with Obraxis ( a developer) about how his game sucks and saying that it will fail because you didn't bother to google what size the SE and SD is going to be.Like i said earlier,disagree with people if they are rude or making unfounded claims.

Even bugzapper didn't disagree with me and we were having a pretty big fight.

Also @mrjreapers i like your series and i hope youll continue it.Just to clear things up i support promoting on the forums.I just don't like when people spam disagree with people that aren't being rude or making unfounded claims.You don't need to call my arguments nonsense.

If you want feedback,heres some.The intro with the words scattering looks very unpolished.I advise going for a more simple animation,like the words just sliding of screen or fading.I also advise making it a bit bigger.Other than that,you're videos are pretty good!

Either way,i hope i don't start another argument.If i seem hostile,i apologise.

edited April 2016
    @ DefectiveDelfin Thank you for the support and as I mentioned above any and all feedback is appreciated, it will show me where i am going wrong/right and how to improve.

As in concern with the other posts their is a old saying "let sleeping dogs lie" we can leave it there move on and possibly bounce ideas around.., :wink:

@ DefectiveDelfin thanks for the feedback anyways yep gonna change the words for the title to a simple fade In/Out, I will have to experiment with different font sizes but all appreciated. :blush:
    ]
    mrjreapers wrote: »
    @ DefectiveDelfin Thank you for the support and as I mentioned above any and all feedback is appreciated, it will show me where i am going wrong/right and how to improve.

As in concern with the other posts their is a old saying "let sleeping dogs lie" we can leave it there move on and possibly bounce ideas around.., :wink:

@ DefectiveDelfin thanks for the feedback anyways yep gonna change the words for the title to a simple fade In/Out, I will have to experiment with different font sizes but all appreciated. :blush:

No problem!

One problem i have though,is the mic quality.Sometimes your a bit too soft and the game actually drowns out your voice so id recomend rurning the volume down a bit.You also talk too fast at the start.If you could,i'd advise placing the mic really close and not speaking too fast to fix these problems.Not too close though.

Other than that,i think your all good for now !
    @ DefectiveDelfin Taking all ideas and suggestions on board, yeah on my last episode I leaned back from the mic that's why my voice dropped.., Lool anyways thanks for the tips for the next episode.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Could always use an external program for voice, instead of recording it all into one audio stream inside the video file. DXtory and OBS Studio (new version) can do just that from the get go, or just have something like Audacity running and sync them up. That way you can always compress/normalize/level your VO any way you like, separated from the game audio
    edited April 2016
    @DefectiveDelfin: I don't want to loose any words more about my opinion about you here in this thread.

@mrjreapers: Like I've promised a quick review of your "Lets play". No offence, no judgment. Just my honestly opinion.

Except the technically and visual stuff as already mentioned you do nothing really wrong. You play the game and show the possibilities of Subnautica.
    Like the spectators of your "Lets play" will do it.
    Like I've already mentioned you do nothing really wrong.

The problem for me is you do nothing really different to the way of my playing this game.

To your better understanding: If I don't own a copie of Subnautica it will be complete different. I would not have already the experience of the crafting stuff, biomes, Aurora, Flora and Fauna. When you craft a seamoth or a cyclops for examples I would think: WOW SUBMARINES!!!

But I've the game and I'm play the experimental version. So all the stuff you will do in your videos I know already. When you go to the island for example I think: I was already there. There is no suprise for me. Nothing new. On the contrary I already know more because my playing of the experimental version. In this, there are already many new things which are absent in the stable version.

Will give you another example: I do not know if you know the channel of Thinknoodles. He play also the game but completely different from me. He don't play it he lives in the game. Every game he plays. And do many "stupid" things which I would not do and comment it like no other. I can never predict what he will do next and in what way. Thats the reason why a can enjoy his channel. Like 1.301.274 followers of his channel.

Of course you should not copy his kind of playing. You've to make your own way. But you should more different, more unique to step out of the apparent mass to be of interest to many more viewers.

Like I've said: No offence, no judgement. Just my2cents. I really hope that you understand me correctly.

Maybe its just the wrong place to promote your channel.

Greets After_Midnight

• Sgt_SassSgt_Sass Join Date: 2016-02-13 Member: 213004Members
    I disagreed with it because I think the whole 'plz check out my youtube channel!' posts on these (or any) forums smacks of attention-hungry desperation and are annoying.
    @ Kouji_San Thanks for the tips.

@ After_Midnight Nice one and yes I do understand, You broke my heart gently (Lool). Ah no I appreciate the review and no I never heard of thinknoodles, But you are right i have to try and be different without copying someone else's style. I will keep making episodes and sharing the links :wink: and we will see what happens from there.
    I don't what to break your heart like DefectiveDelfin bokes my heart with covered dislikes in my profile :D

I think there are just two rules to have success in a business like YT: be the first one or be different.

Best wishes for your channel mate o:)
    edited May 2016
    Sharing One more episode might be stalling until the next update only time will tell..Hope you all enjoy..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/W1K4k89Bw54&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>